The Miracle Tank

Which tang?

• Total voters

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"your not alone"
WP_20200315_10_21_26_Pro.jpg

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pictures/videos good. I’m a visual person. I know better to do anything technical when I’m tired. Case in point, reading how @Magellan takes care of his goni. My eye’s crossed. Seriously, they did. o_O
I’m changing my apex dosing schedule. I was attempting to program it to 24 hour schedule where it alternates between ca and alk each hour. I even wrote everything down so I wouldn’t mess it up. My problem? I bet some of you already know. Apex 24 hour period starts with 0. I know this, and I know better than to doing ANYTHING before my first cup of coffee. I tried to program it from 12:00 to 12:00. Of course, I didn’t figure it out this until I tried to input 24:00 to 24:59.
WHO DOES THIS!!!;Woot

Rant over. I’m going to have my coffee now...
It was a long learning process! But so satisfying to get right.
Very nice. I tried one and it did ok. Not great. Originally I had it placed middle of the tank and it seemed to be happy. Fully extended. Then for a few days I noticed it was extending just a fraction off the base. Changed flow a bit and waited another couple days. Nothing. Seems a lot are on the bottom of the tank - not sure if that is normal. My tank is 30" tall so I said to myself, why not. Tried that, same. Still hanging in there but not the greatest shape and sure I will be losing it within a couple weeks.

I do believe my matted filefish may be a issue though. It destroyed my Duncan and recently my Elegance. I may have to re-home him here in a bit but due to Aptasia being in the sump, plumbing, and overflow it will only come back. Copperband butterfly will do the trick but I have a lot of biovalves in my tank that are years old that I have no idea how they got there that I don't want it eating.

Nice coral and photo btw.
Thank you! A few days is nothing for one of these, it’s fully capable of holding a grudge for a couple of weeks. If you make any changes you have to be REALLY patient. Also, it needs to be fed often in order to stay happy long term.

in the spot it’s in currently, mine barely gets any light at all and is happy as a pig in **** :)

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of piles of Walt Smith Fiji rock that I will never get rid of. It was the stuff that got shipped from the Solomon Islands in wet newspaper. It was encrusted with coralline and full of critters - some good and some not so good. It was a cool way to start a reef. I got two shipments of that from my LFS at the time. One in 1999 and the other in 2006. It is just dry rock now though.

This "new" tank of mine will have what was dry Pukani rock - which you can't buy anymore. It has been in saltwater since I ordered the tank - in the spring of 2015. Still is. Ha!

The date is the last time I changed the water in the barrel. LOL!

1586027385456.png

1586027441666.png
I have had some of my rock since 2001, some is real fiji rock that I bought from my old lfs in Birmingham, some is pukani some is ??? I also have about 60 lbs of Marco shelf rock here that I never really could figure out how to incorporate into my scape (wasn't all that impressed with what they sent me) but I may try to use some of it this time. All in all I have roughly 150lbs of rock right now. Also thinking about getting some of Tampa Bay rock to seed it with this go around so I do not have to go through as much of the uglies as last time. Lol

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey y'all. I'm home and exhausted. My hands are totally cracked from disinfectant and hand washing. However, now that it's got good light...the pass through window.
IMG_20200404_171739422_MP.jpg

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please don't comment about my cabinets. I know...I want white, but he said no.

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
i like him,good call,white justs get dingy n dirty lookin after time..

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So the plan is to stain the passthrough to match the cabinets right? ;)

Seriously though, beautiful work! I love it, the ONLY thing I think it's missing is some LED's :p

Last edited:

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey y'all. I'm home and exhausted. My hands are totally cracked from disinfectant and hand washing. However, now that it's got good light...the pass through window.
IMG_20200404_171739422_MP.jpg
That looks really nice. Very ornate. You done good.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back