Which tang?

• Total voters

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today is old movie sunday. Broke down and go Disney +. I'm watching all the old movies from when I was a kid. This is awesome.
Watch Onward with the family!!
Such a goooood movie!

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A little BBQ fir dinner...

BC33D576-E7C9-470F-9B1D-C085D5971D29.jpeg
Bbq tonight for us too :)

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OMG....I just went back and noticed...I skipped 6...I cant count...lmbo ;Hilarious;Hilarious;Hilarious
n you got away with it till now ;Facepalm

U

User1

View Badges
On a serious note...what salt is everyone using in their tanks? I used to be a Red Sea pro guy, but I've been seeing some negativity about it lately. Tropic Marin seems to e soldout at most all online venders, so not sure what to go with.

I use Instance Ocean Reef Crystals. It is a good salt but "I" can't really compare it to anything else. That is all I've used since day one (1999). I've been considering slowly switching to TM if/when this all blows over. I'm really liking the business ethics of TM and feel they make some great products. Their recent effort to answer questions on the DIY All For Reef pretty much put me over the top and switched to that recipe vs. using ESV 2 part (which is an amazing product btw).

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
On a serious note...what salt is everyone using in their tanks? I used to be a Red Sea pro guy, but I've been seeing some negativity about it lately. Tropic Marin seems to be soldout at most all online venders, so not sure what to go with.
you all ain't gonna like this ,it does not matter,mix it ,what ever i get my hands on,30 yrs jmo:)

Scratch08

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you all ain't gonna like this ,it does not matter,mix it ,what ever i get my hands on,30 yrs jmo:)
My only thoughts on this are the reports of varying types of residue left behind in mixing buckets/tanks. I personally never had issues with Red Sea, but I have seen increasing reviews from people talking about residue and whatnot after mixing. On other brands I've seen talk of inconsistent levels of alk, calk and mag from bucket to bucket...i get that stuff settles in transport and all...and i always mix the salt before adding it t my water but just curious as to what you guys use

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On a serious note...what salt is everyone using in their tanks? I used to be a Red Sea pro guy, but I've been seeing some negativity about it lately. Tropic Marin seems to be soldout at most all online venders, so not sure what to go with.
I ran Tropic Marin Pro for 6 months and recently switched to Tropic Marin Classic for the elevated Alk.
Love it. No need to dose much. I like to run 9-9.5 dkh alk and the classic runs right in that area so I just dose soda ash every night to raise it the .5 dkh that it drops each day.

U

User1

View Badges
My only thoughts on this are the reports of varying types of residue left behind in mixing buckets/tanks. I personally never had issues with Red Sea, but I have seen increasing reviews from people talking about residue and whatnot after mixing. On other brands I've seen talk of inconsistent levels of alk, calk and mag from bucket to bucket...i get that stuff settles in transport and all...and i always mix the salt before adding it t my water but just curious as to what you guys use

There is a BRStv video that shows the residue after mixing various mixes. Also tested the old saying how good is salt after mixed. Day, week, month, etc. I'll say that my I/O RF when left with a power head will encrust this fun tan/brown stuff. Comes off with a bit of elbow grease though and I clean when I remember. Maybe every other month....

But yeah - use what makes sense. I don't think there is a best really.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moo. I like mine just a tad over medium
I buy io reef crystal.

I broke out the grill well my 14yr old stefan did. He started the chimney poured the coals into the grill put of the food and cooked it. I've thought him well
IMG_6768.JPG

IMG_6768.JPG

2019 mothers day
IMG_20190512_090200948.jpg

Today was fajita. I take frozen chicken cut into strips still frozen. All the veggies and seasoning and mix together. Wrap in tinfoil bake or grill. Its amazing.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 10 35.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 39.3%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 21.4%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back