The Miracle Tank

Which tang?

• Total voters
U

User1

View Badges
Lol, I never thought about that! The same bird actually came back today at the same window and I do not know why...

Funny on the lunch comment. Actually reminded me of a build thread on another board. I'll have to try and find it now but it was a custom build job.. Part inside I think and outside. Down in Florida I believe. Anyway they had this thing all decked out river thing when they noticed all of the fish gone one day. They couldn't figure it out but then the light bulb went off and they put palm to forehead. Birds!

I guess the birds picked off the fish and they never factored in that little gem :) Pretty funny read never the less.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The drink is from The Soggy Dollar Bar on the beach on Jost Van **** in the British Virgin Islands. Seemingly everyone I know has been there, but I haven't. :) The only way you can get to the bar is by boat and there is no dock. You have to swim or wade from your boat and everyone's money gets wet. Hence the name of the bar. It is supposedly one of the few drinks that have a trademarked name. I think the Dark 'n Stormy is another one. Anyway, this is a picture of it. I wish I was there, I know that. :)

1590545772488.png
Says in pouty voice, “I want to go!”

Alan_J_MN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time for new tankmates. The missus wants Lyretail Anthias. LA has them available, both males and females. It looks like they would be compatible with our current inhabitants:
Yellow tang
Yellow tail blue damsel
Orchid dottyback
Splendid dottyback
Clownfish
inverts andCorals

We could get a male and 2 females, or 3 females and see who turns male. Thoughts?

ActualProof

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The drink is from The Soggy Dollar Bar on the beach on Jost Van **** in the British Virgin Islands. Seemingly everyone I know has been there, but I haven't. :) The only way you can get to the bar is by boat and there is no dock. You have to swim or wade from your boat and everyone's money gets wet. Hence the name of the bar. It is supposedly one of the few drinks that have a trademarked name. I think the Dark 'n Stormy is another one. Anyway, this is a picture of it. I wish I was there, I know that. :)

1590545772488.png

Been there!!

U

User1

View Badges
well on birds ,check out this little guy ,as wife figuring out where and how to put up house,caption,umm,"we gonna do this or what"this morning
V__BC44.jpg
V__D3AB.jpg

Nice. We have a hummingbird nest in our court yard. She picked the blood Japanese maple for it. Anyway I think there are two little ones in there and she is a little protector. I was sitting out there today and she was buzzing me non stop. Then sat on the chair across from me. My GSD went ballistic but the little gal wasn't afraid at all. Got right in her face and said bring it.

I am charging the gopro to see if I can maybe get a video of her tomorrow morning without stressing them. Otherwise I'll hit the local box store and pick up a Fuchsia for one of the planters and natural food. I removed the feeder because I don't want the little ones cheating.

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh brother, it censored the name of the place - Jost Van D y k e! Silly.
That’s what happened. I was trying to read the story to the hubby and could not figure out why you would have *** the name ;Hilarious

U

User1

View Badges
Time for new tankmates. The missus wants Lyretail Anthias. LA has them available, both males and females. It looks like they would be compatible with our current inhabitants:
Yellow tang
Yellow tail blue damsel
Orchid dottyback
Splendid dottyback
Clownfish
inverts andCorals

We could get a male and 2 females, or 3 females and see who turns male. Thoughts?

Lyretails are beautiful. Really, amazing fish. Get more if you can than 5 since they do have a pretty strict hierarchy and they will pick on the weakest until the strongest female changes or you introduce the male at the same time. I had five of them and while super amazing the one just battered them one by one until they didn't come out and starved them :( next batch I get will be 12 minimum.

They like flow. Will use rocks and corals to break flow and rest. Need hiding spots to break chase. Lots of food. Meaty food once a day - auto feeder with pellets 2 times a day. They remind me a lot like trout in rivers or streams. Hiding behind rocks or trees only to dart out and snatch the food out of the water column and then reset saving energy until the next nugget of food passes by.

Damsel - check out the Starcki :)

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yellow tang
Yellow tail blue damsel
Orchid dottyback
Splendid dottyback
Clownfish
inverts andCorals

First tank I had a male and 3 females, then a male & two females, two females and then one transitioned. I lost that tank to velvet. This tank started with a male and 2 females, but had to put the male in quarantine for parasites. By the time he was finished with treatment the larger female transitioned..the LFS took him back. They can be very high maintenance. Need to be fed often, at least 3 times a day. mine have only gotten aggressive with each other. The other tank mates are a whitetail Bristletooth tang, 2 Picasso clowns, Flame hawkfish, 2 barnacle blennies and just added a blue spotted jawfish. I’ve never had a dottyback or a damsel.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So you are the reason CO2 has gone up world wide even though the world has slowed to a crawl pollution wise! AOC wants a word with you lol.
Somebody has to make up for it. It snowed in late april. We can't have that. @fishguy242 we need to up our fire production.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@sfin52 weather guy ,i missed ,radar looked good ,then bam 50+winds 1/2 rain 20 min,just wow out of nowhere ;)
I saw it moving north. It looked to be weakening. So I stopped watching it. I guess it gained energy

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
lil bit ,heading your way ,but weaking to prob drizzle by then just looked :cool:

U

User1

View Badges
So, at current prices ($30-$40) , I’m not going to buy a harem of a dozen or so to be whittled down to one or two females. Why wouldn’t I start with 2 females?

I understand the concern. When I purchased mine it was local and $20 a fish. The issue I personally ran into is that the dominate female will chase the others which causes them to hide. Hiding means they will not eat. They will try but the stronger one will chase non stop. It gets to the point where all it does is hide while the other one grows.

I can't say this is how it will work for everyone owning them or those that have them. Just my experience with the 5 I had. They demand a lot of food. All Anthias do actually so feeding multi times a day is recommended. Having two means one will chase and there is no one else to deflect the strong one.

I know there is a cost but having more than 5 is a way to break that up. I do not know why LA/DD sells them as trios honestly. They know better.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lastly, I would definitely look into dipping your zoas in the future. They're the ice cream cones of the sea- everyone loves to munch them and they carry a lot of hitchhikers. Especially if you're buying colonies- they're usually wild collected and guaranteed to have some fun surprises you don't want ;)
Not from here but he has a way with words and description of zoa and pests. Awesome stuff

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
good morning all...
@Katrina71 happy redhead day,please take no offence to following JOKE!!;)
national redhead day,i'll take two please:pJOKING
@NY_Caveman ,quick with the pic:cool:
@Fin "how far off did you sit and wonder";)another 6 in 1 post i'm trying:)
@sfin ,a slow day is needed sometimes;)
Figures you'd ask for two! Lol. We know you play with fire!

Back