Which tang?

• Total voters

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have other sad news. The Pederson is gone. Short lived and loved much.
I am so sorry. Hugs are still in stock. I mentioned before, but mine also disappeared. Sad. People often say just get a new one, but I always feel a bit weird replacing something like that. At least right away.

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did feel that way, but I view them as part of the tank medical team. Never had parasite issues. I attribute healthy fish to several things, including the cleaners.
Very good point.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excuse the yellow, it is right next to the cube end glass, the cespitularia "frag" I did managed to wiggle out of the rocks, I was trying a new method of attaching, it settled against some rubble and appears happy, expanding more each day.
"Frag" = it was about a five inch branch! ;)

DSC_0009 (1024x683).jpg

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. Weather looks to be nice today in the swamp. Might have to do something outside.

It is funny about people wearing masks. Some places I go, no one is wearing them. In other places I go, everyone is wearing them. In some other places, there is a mix. Odd. I keep one in my pocket to go with the flow. I personally think they do little if anything, but I will wear it sometimes, so as to not cause ruffled feathers with others. Between three hospitals in the area (one did not report Covid numbers this week) there is only one case between the two remaining hospitals. There was a local infectious disease doctor in my barbershop yesterday and she was not wearing a mask. Hmm.

My tank has been running for a few weeks. The rock had been in a container for several years, but I really wasn't sure if there was much bio-activity going on with them. I was waiting for some Britewell Microbacter Start XLM to seed the tank. I haven't put it in yet. I have had my skimmer in the sump for a couple of weeks and there was about three inches of cloudy skimmate in the cup. I was assuming it was mostly just aragonite fines that had been accumulating there. Well, one of my bulkheads on the back wall developed a drip, so I dropped the water level in the display to change it out. I forgot to turn the skimmer off and the slight increase in water level in the sump caused the skimmer cup to overflow in the sump. Major STINK happened! I was really surprised but evidently there is some bio-activity in the rocks and tank to have had that odor. Just like the good old days. :)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The protests are good the riots nope not a chance. One thing I can say is that riots lead to death shootings stabbing and such. It's crazy to see destruction to ones own neighborhoods.

Antifa is back and not good for anybody. They are all about violence from what I see.

People are people they all put pants on the same way I do.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything is out of stock. Everywhere.

True.... but i have TSM Aquatics that's a little over an hour from my house that's getting some fish in. I pick-up a Melanurus wrasse on tuesday, and then a yellow watchman goby on 6/18. They do a 30 day or longer quarantine on all of the fish the sell; and it's a good thing because i don't have a quarantine tank. My plan is to buy all of my fish from them or another guy that will purchase and quarantine fish for you.

I asked TSM what they were feeding the wrasse and they said it's eating anything that hits the water. :)

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close to 100 degees today with thunderstorms later to include wind and hail. Our daily temperature was in the 70's and now instant heat! Our weather seems to mirror the national headlines! Worry about you all in the larger population centers and pray for your protection! Pray for peace and a better day today for y'all. Love from the Murder Hornet front lines! Our bees are hording toilet paper, PPE, and called out their national guard! We stand by ready to help with fly swatters and wasp spray ;Vamp;Poto;Punch;Spiderman!

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Close to 100 degees today with thunderstorms later to include wind and hail. Our daily temperature was in the 70's and now instant heat! Our weather seems to mirror the national headlines! Worry about you all in the larger population centers and pray for your protection! Pray for peace and a better day today for y'all. Love from the Murder Hornet front lines! Our bees are hording toilet paper, PPE, and called out their national guard! We stand by ready to help with fly swatters and wasp spray ;Vamp;Poto;Punch;Spiderman!

Much better day than yesterday. Ended up turning on the air condition. It wasn't as much the heat as it was the humidity. It's 80 degrees with low humidity. Have the whole house opened up. Have a nice one, Lowell.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back