no emoji,,,heartfelt,well spoken!!
6622F2AD-1FE9-41B2-B8D3-F8282F65E621.jpeg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This video and the estimated infection rate, death rate, and related is over 4 months old and based on now unreliable data produced by Washington University and a leading virologist at Fred Hutch Cancer Center,Trevor Bedford, PHD. Dr. Bedford has admitted that mistakes were made in the algorithm used to produce the estimates. Remember these were estimates given based on certain assumptions that do not meet the current knowledge of both the virus and the disease. The CDC now reports that testing in the general population shows a range of 6% in some location to more that 23% in other locations of individuals who have the antibodies that show they were exposed to the virus and many never got sick. This would show both the mortality, and disease rate at a much lower percentage of all people nation wide. Please refer to the CDC directly for the study results. I think it was reported in the news in the last 10 days or so. This in no way comforts those who have lost loved ones. But do pay attention to those who are at highest risk, smokers, obese, Type A and B blood types, Diabetics, and those with underlying heart conditions (many were not diagnosed before the pandemic but postmortem studies seem to indicate more of a link). It is funny how many politicians mentioned we will only follow the science but the science was not even delivered when those statements were made. It is still early and the science is not fully developed yet! But there are signs of hope with the development of the science.

Epidemiology is the study of disease after the data is collected not in advance of the data and this is where the large variations in numbers are coming from. I am not a scientist but I do read widely...my father was the scientist not me. He had many board specialties in Medicine including an MPH in public health, Tropical medicine, Family Practice and the list goes on. He was also the principle investigator that helped to prove that smoking is indeed hazardous to your health and used the mortality records in the State of California to prove it. His studies are in fact based on Epidemiology and the original study has generated over 400 studies world wide in to lifestyle choices and mortality. So while he was alive I sat around the table with many of his peers as they discussed these very subjects.

I am not saying this is not a serious disease but that we may not know the total picture until the event is over and the data is collected.

In my opinion the media has fixated on this issue as if it was the only thing going on in the world. Not sure why but they seem to be fanning the flames of fear and anxiety around the world. It certainly has had an effect on the social unrest we are experiencing around the world according to both sociologist and psychiatrists . No matter the outcome no one was prepared or equipped to handle this particular event and to blame this person, that person or this country or that country misses the point! The point is life is a risk and we all have to manage that risk the best we can on any given day. There is a reason I do not skydive, base jump, use a wing suit or jump out of moving vehicles for fun...I manage my risk. I think we all do the same. So do the best you can and take advantage of the current science, distance, wear a mask, and wash your hands often. Believe it or not you are making choices for others and not just yourself. I think these are prudent choices and do not need the force of law just the force of personal choice and common sense.

I love all you fishy people and just hope you don't allow the current times to make you anxious or fearful. This to shall pass!
I know its 4 months old. My goodness it's really been that long. I thi k the whole world is in a time warp
I'm saying it helped. He has been right on many fronts. This is going to last into the summer, it helped me start to wrap my head. Its interesting to see that this has mutated as fast as it has. Scientists now believe that it mutated to a more contagious form. When it mutates it gives up something so they think it may be less deadly this previous strains. Time and research will tell.

Interesting to ponder. While the north was going through high covid cases the southern was not. Spring was in the deep south and people where outside and generally away from each other. Now that its blasting hot everybody came indoors. Spreading started.

North was fighting high cases it was still winter and everybody was indoors. Spring cases slowed. Blazing hot everybody back inside. Infections rise.
Just an observation

@NY_Caveman did you stay at a holiday inn?
Just saying I hear that makes one an expert
Stay safe I care about all you guys

Last edited:

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
have a good night all..be safe ,i'll be back thursday,just a warning:p:)
I'll be back Friday to see what you brought back from chi town.

I got a bullet proof vest if you should want to borrow it.

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those bedbugs been carrying lately?
From being an security forces. They wouldn't let me keep the level 3 vest. Has trama plates front and back.
Level 3 Body Armor From Body Armor Megastore. ... Whereas level 2 and level 3A body armor protect individuals against small arms fire, L3 vests are specifically designed to stand up to many rifle rounds, all shotgun rounds, and can even take impact from semi-jacketed hollow point bullets (SJHPs).

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Katrina71 is the tank up yet? Been trying to catch up as I am just now back able to actually do something besides work and sleep.

I still have a gorgeous rbta for the tank. But no hurry on it. It has attached to a very small rock and it can go with the nem whenever.

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Katrina71 is the tank up yet? Been trying to catch up as I am just now back able to actually do something besides work and sleep.

I still have a gorgeous rbta for the tank. But no hurry on it. It has attached to a very small rock and it can go with the nem whenever.
No, but we are working on it.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Masks

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reef Masks

Interesting about the pocket, I did some reading months ago, activated carbon. :)

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 22 31.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 27.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 17 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back