The Miracle Tank

Which tang?


  • Total voters
    1,390
With the hybrid light is a reflector needed in our canopy? Preferred? If yes, aluminum or acrylic? Corrosion an issue with aluminum?

Hard to answer that without knowing exactly what is entailed with the hybrid. If it's anything like a standard hybrid, a reflector should not be necessary. I'm also fairly sure @dantimdad would not send you a lighting set up needing anything added to it! ;)
 
Last edited:
Hard to answer that without knowing exactly is entailed with the hybrid. If it's anything like a standard hybrid, a reflector should not be necessary. I'm also fairly sure @dantimdad would not send you a lighting set up needing anything added to it! ;)
Agree it will be just what you need. You won't have to make a single modification to it.
 
I don't mind doing whatever needs done.
You just don't want to do things that aren't necessary or beneficial. Pretty sure whatever lights you get will be ready to go as is.
 
I don't mind doing whatever needs done.
You just don't want to do things that aren't necessary or beneficial. Pretty sure whatever lights you get will be ready to go as is.

If those lights need any add-ons, I'll be getting in my truck and taking a ride to Hartselle, AL to pay a guy a visit!
 
If those lights need any add-ons, I'll be getting in my truck and taking a ride to Hartselle, AL to pay a guy a visit!
Says the guy with the hospitality award! ;Happy
 
Says the guy with the hospitality award! ;Happy

Isn't the hospitality award for sending people to the hospital? Hhmmmm... maybe I should have been focusing my efforts in other areas. :p
 
Hybrid 101, ballast light reflector AIO just supply power. Then there is a T5 upgrade kit with no chassis or supplemental t5's. Thats when you supply parts. Check with @dantimdad
1581779572069.png
1581779832181.png
 
Whoa. I'm going to pick the light up in March. I don't mind doing whatever. Sometimes I just need to be shown. It's no big deal.
You asked a question and all of your faithful servants are eager to help you. :-)
 
I voted today, but a bit late. My favorite tang is the purple tang, however, I like the yellow tang the best in the tank because you can see it clearly from two rooms away. They really show up and are very hearty. Plus they are lovely to look at.
 
With the hybrid light is a reflector needed in our canopy? Preferred? If yes, aluminum or acrylic? Corrosion an issue with aluminum?
i vote alum highly reflective
 
good morn how are you today
 
Last edited:
I voted today, but a bit late. My favorite tang is the purple tang, however, I like the yellow tang the best in the tank because you can see it clearly from two rooms away. They really show up and are very hearty. Plus they are lovely to look at.

Maybe we should start the vote again, my yellow scopas swimming off in disgust?! ;)

DSC_0111 (1024x683) (2).jpg
 
I suppose the relector material won't matter so much. As long as @dantimdad uses the same products to wax and buff it as he uses on his bald, pointed head! ;Hilarious :p:p
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 26.7%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 20.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 23.3%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 23.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new