The Miracle Tank

Which tang?


  • Total voters
    1,390
Hammer and chisel...make the rock you want/need!!

The issue isn't the rock is too big, the issue is I can't find one big enough. And none of the Canadian suppliers are willing to help me out with it. They just say you get what you get, well, I'm not paying $10/lb for Premium Marco shelf rock if I can't get something atleast close to what I want.
 
This should be worth a soft coral, right?
IMG_20200307_163105960.jpg
 
The issue isn't the rock is too big, the issue is I can't find one big enough. And none of the Canadian suppliers are willing to help me out with it. They just say you get what you get, well, I'm not paying $10/lb for Premium Marco shelf rock if I can't get something atleast close to what I want.
Get some cement and combine rocks to make a larger rock. Thats what I did when I built the arch in the 140.
 
This should be worth a soft coral, right?
IMG_20200307_163105960.jpg

Soft tissue for soft tissue sounds fair enough to me

Get some cement and combine rocks to make a larger rock. Thats what I did when I built the arch in the 140.

The issue is a good portion of the rock secton will be unsupported, I've thought about cement and acrylic rods which might work but I don't think it will last long term plus it would be a nightmare to put together.
 
Soft tissue for soft tissue sounds fair enough to me



The issue is a good portion of the rock secton will be unsupported, I've thought about cement and acrylic rods which might work but I don't think it will last long term plus it would be a nightmare to put together.
I used epoxy putty and CPVC pipe to build the arch. Three large rocks. Lasted 12 years until I took the tank down. It did have support in both ends though.
 
You still had a better day than me. This is my fourth tire change this year. I had maybe two or three flats previously in my life.
6CDBB647-3E29-484D-8188-AF0743A416B6.jpeg
Looks like more than just a tire. Wheel & wheel cover too. Pothole?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 15.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 58 33.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 12 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 26 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new