The Miracle Tank

Which tang?

• Total voters

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright guys, talk me off a ledge here. I'm VERY close to smashing this tank and ordering a new one. For the life of me I can't get this one bulkhead to stop leaking. Fixed all the other leaks and everything else is ticking the way it should. I've drained the tank for the 5th time in the last few days, cut the F@&$£%# thing out and am throwing a new one in.

If this doesn't work, I don't know what else I'm going to do. ;Shifty;Shifty;Shifty

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Alright guys, talk me off a ledge here. I'm VERY close to smashing this tank and ordering a new one. For the life of me I can't get this one bulkhead to stop leaking. Fixed all the other leaks and everything else is ticking the way it should. I've drained the tank for the 5th time in the last few days, cut the F@&$£%# thing out and am throwing a new one in.

If this doesn't work, I don't know what else I'm going to do. ;Shifty;Shifty;Shifty
pics ,explain ?? read again yep new one,no prob ;)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Are you using silicone on the gasket? If you are, don’t. Get another bulkhead. Throw the leaking one away. Don’t over-tighten because you can crack the el cheapo ABS bulkheads. I used to only use schedule 80 bulkheads on my 200. Never a problem and even reused them several times on othe projects. I am using the schedule 40 on my 125, but not happy about it. I had a schedule 80 bulkhead in my 140 for the closed loop inlet half way down the back wall. Never a drip or salt creep in 12 years. The problem is if your tank is drilled fir the schedule 40 ABS, the schedule 80 likely wont fit. :(

Last edited:

LadyMac

Freshwater sage fish whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acclimation box will be here tomorrow! I’m so excited :) I have needs. Like, my algae that my shrimp keeps jacking. Lol.

Btw, I took pics of where the fry were spotted. Good luck seeing them but I’ll share anyhow!

5A1A9550-4ECC-4E1B-A245-EEC3DD305103.jpeg
243DFEF1-D72A-41F9-B000-0B58559E2A84.jpeg
3B2F651D-9852-4B4E-A158-77E431323BB3.jpeg

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using silicone on the gasket? If you are, don’t. Get another bulkhead. Throw the leaking one away. Don’t over-tighten because you can crack the el cheapo ABS bulkheads. I used to only use schedule 80 bulkheads on my 200. Never a problem and even reused them several times on othe projects. I am using them in my 125, but not happy about it. I had a schedule 80 bulkhead in my 140 for the closed loop inlet half way down the back wall. Never a drip or salt creep in 12 years. The problem is if your tank is drilled fir the schedule 40 ABS, the schedule 80 likely wont fit. :(

That would be the issue with switching them, the Schedule 80s don't fit the holes drilled. But I've used ABS bulkheads with no issue on my last build. No silicone on the gaskets, just wiped clean and the glass cleaned with acetone prior to installation. Not sure what the deal is with this particular bulkhead, it just doesn't like me lol so I cut the thing out and replaced it with a new one. Filling back up now to see if that fixed the issue....

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there..hope everyone had a good day! I’m late to the party. My daughter found an sad card from 7 years ago. Been looking at pics. I’m off to catch up :p
Not a sad card an SD card o_O

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My acclimation box will be here tomorrow! I’m so excited :) I have needs. Like, my algae that my shrimp keeps jacking. Lol.

Btw, I took pics of where the fry were spotted. Good luck seeing them but I’ll share anyhow!

5A1A9550-4ECC-4E1B-A245-EEC3DD305103.jpeg
243DFEF1-D72A-41F9-B000-0B58559E2A84.jpeg
3B2F651D-9852-4B4E-A158-77E431323BB3.jpeg
Freshwater. How about a FTS?

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need honest opinions. I really, really want a gonipora, but have been too chicken to get one. LFS said they can be difficult...
There ones that need to be fed. And ones that doesn't need to be fed. The other thing is never expose it to the air. Buy one from the LFS, so you be sure they don't expose it to air when bagging it. I have one for years.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That would be the issue with switching them, the Schedule 80s don't fit the holes drilled. But I've used ABS bulkheads with no issue on my last build. No silicone on the gaskets, just wiped clean and the glass cleaned with acetone prior to installation. Not sure what the deal is with this particular bulkhead, it just doesn't like me lol so I cut the thing out and replaced it with a new one. Filling back up now to see if that fixed the issue....

Welllll?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 101 86.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.6%
Back