Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
These little guys are 100% a couple.
IMG_20200604_100247861.jpg

U

User1

View Badges
With the rise of self-driving vehicles, it’s only a matter of time before we get a country song where a guy’s truck leaves him too.

Lol - well played. However today's country is more pop oriented than story telling. At least to me although I'm probably not a huge country fan.

I do have a huge virtual and friendly crush on Emmy Lou Harris. Not going to lie.

U

User1

View Badges
Hi Katrina. I have experience with pistol shrimp, but not the blue leg type. The ones we get are young and typically don't get enough food in our tank. I've kept them for as long as a few months. They are hunters, using the 'snap' to stun their prey (usually copeapods I think). My tank just doesn't have enough of them.

Curlique anemones are EVERYWHERE in the shallow reef flats where we snorkel. Most are very small and the tend to hide under or at the bottom edges of rocks or in deep holes. They are so common I was leery of putting one in my tank for fear it would spread like aiptasia. But it didn't happen. In the Keys some get as big as a baseball, but that's not very common. Mine was about half that size when I sold it to make room for more RFAs.

BTW, we just booked a motel in Marathon for a 4 day mid week snorkel trip in late July. I can't wait. We had to cancel 2 big trips (the British Virgin Islands for snorkeling off a live aboard catamaran and a hiking / photography trip to the Grand Canyon). So I'm more than ready to get away from home. And social distancing will be fairly easy. We rent a small efficiency and make our own meals and there is only the 2 of us using our Zodiac to get out to small islands off shore. Usually there is nobody else around at all!

How do you like your Zodiac? I have thought about getting one to dive a bit further off shore in Monterey but have been put off not being able to find anything decent used.

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All of the new guys survived the night. I haven't seen the pistol. I'm going to get a curly Q nem for him in the Miracle. Anyone had experience with them?

I put a peppermint shrimp in my tank about 3 weeks ago. I never saw it again until yesterday. I was about twice the size. I figured it had died. Unfortunately, it has never touch any of my aiptasia.

U

User1

View Badges
The mushrooms from Hell...I found a rogue on the opposite side of the tank. First time that's happened.

I personally do not understand them nor speak their language. I have a small frag plug with maybe 3 to 4 green mushrooms. These lads seem to really want light and stretch if they are not getting it. Back to not understanding them because similar to your post I found one in a darker area of my tank. No idea how it got there and it isn't the same bright green and I have no other mushrooms in the tank.

At a loss but will see how this plays out I guess.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 46 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 21.2%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.6%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 34 25.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back