Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had friends over today so I put the smoker to work with a basic BBQ :

Pork Back Ribs
Chicken
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw
Corn bread.

Everything from scratch. I used to compete in BBQ and am a formed NYS champ in ribs. among other things. It was nice to find a reason to put those skills to work especially for friends.

I broke out the muffin pan. I use it to shape chicken thighs into little pillows for judges but for today it was to make little mini corn bread loaves. That was fun.

I kicked up the baked beans with some Blues Hog Tennessee Red and molasses and used the lodge cast iron dutch oven to both cook and serve. I think serving baked beans in a cast iron Dutch oven is a must (for effect)

Don't tell anyone I told you this, but add a little sweet pickle juice to Sweet Baby Rays for the best BBQ - and if you really want, add some corn syrup and honey to make it shine like a magazine picture.

Last edited:

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had friends over today so I put the smoker to work with a basic BBQ :

Pork Back Ribs
Chicken
Baked Beans
Cole Slaw
Corn bread.

Everything from scratch. I used to compete in BBQ and am a formed NYS champ in ribs. among other things. It was nice to find a reason to put those skills to work especially for friends.

I broke out the muffin pan. I use it to shape chicken thighs into little pillows for judges but for today it was to make little mini corn bread loaves. That was fun.

I kicked up the baked beans with some Blues Hog Tennessee Red and molasses and used the lodge cast iron dutch oven and to both cook and serve. I think serving baked beans in a cast iron Dutch oven is a must (for effect)

Don't tell anyone I told you this, but add a little sweet pickle juice to Sweet Baby Rays for the best BBQ - and if you really want, add some corn syrup and honey to make it shine like a magazine picture.
You really don’t like me..I think I’m drooling..not a pretty look;Wideyed

NS Mike D

In the arena.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dolelo96

I l have leftovers.

Cornbread?

IMG_2306.jpg

Alan_J_MN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am delving into the world of tiki cocktails. Time for a Mai Tai (the original tiki cocktail). Didn’t have the proper garnish (fresh mint) which is Apparently fairly important, but not too bad for my first one. I think the misconception is that this is a sweet cocktail with lots of fruit juice. Other than 3/4 ounce of fresh squeezed lime juice, there is no other fruit juice in it.

F4EE7BFE-9EA3-469B-9E29-40E8737E22A0.jpeg

3/4 oz Orgeat syrup (almond)
1 1/2 oz Dark Rum (I used Myers)
1/2 oz Orange Curacao (orange liquer)
1/2 oz J Wray Jamaican Light Rum
3/4 oz fresh squeezed lime juice

Shake well and serve over crushed ice. Garnish with lime shell & fresh mint.

This is the original Trader Vic recipe - with one large exception. The J Wray & Nephew 17 year old rum no longer exists. The popularity of the drink in the 1940’s Almost completely depleted the world supply. There are only 4 bottles of this rum known to remain. If one would want to buy one of them, the value is now listed At $55,000 for a 1 liter bottle. So, needless to say, other rums are now substituted. Ha!
Cool! Cocktail on a frag plug!

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Dolelo96 ,i thought for sure ,engine 51 ;)
I’m not a good multitasker. I was trying to upload pics at the same time. Did you not see my earlier post? I’ll never be able to look at a duck againo_O

Alan_J_MN

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I should have known better to let my wife order a coral pack from LA. Their photo showed beautiful corals, 2-3” tall and pretty. The sad looking specimens they shipped were pathetic. Size was supposed to be 3/4 to 1.5” . This was one of them - no more than 1/8” !!! Of course they didn’t say what it is. Maybe it will be awesome eventually. Any ideas what this could be?

BB774E48-E24A-4D31-BC3B-8F00A4F5494B.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I’m not a good multitasker. I was trying to upload pics at the same time. Did you not see my earlier post? I’ll never be able to look at a duck againo_O
oh i've been around last 30 min or so i'd say pretty darn good ;)

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I should have known better to let my wife order a coral pack from LA. Their photo showed beautiful corals, 2-3” tall and pretty. The sad looking specimens they shipped were pathetic. Size was supposed to be 3/4 to 1.5” . This was one of them - no more than 1/8” !!! Of course they didn’t say what it is. Maybe it will be awesome eventually. Any ideas what this could be?

BB774E48-E24A-4D31-BC3B-8F00A4F5494B.jpeg
blue xenia?

fishguy242

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I might too - if two of the other corals in the 4-pack weren’t
also blue xenias. My wife wanted 4 different corals, not 3 of the same one!
what a bummer!!!

epatrick70

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't wait to show y'all the Miracle all done and lit up! The Serene lights mounted from the top is perfect!
so are you actually not showing the build as it progresses in this build thread? I read a ton of pages months ago looking to get to the tank and never did. Are you now saying you have the tank, you're building it and not showing it?

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
@Dolelo96 I have to tell you how much I'm enjoying this light! Night stalking the tank is fun. I have found all of the sleeping places of the occupants and an unknown ball anemone. Interesting for sure!

OP
OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so are you actually not showing the build as it progresses in this build thread? I read a ton of pages months ago looking to get to the tank and never did. Are you now saying you have the tank, you're building it and not showing it?
Yes. Kinda. I'm waiting on some trim to come in that had to be ordered.

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 153 61.4%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 67 26.9%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 87 34.9%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 43 17.3%
  • Other

Votes: 67 26.9%
Back