Which tang?

• Total voters

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Masks are the new bra: They’re uncomfortable, you only wear them in public, and when you don’t wear one … everyone notices!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
wow..i just realized 7/20/20 i'll be here 6 mo :) i'm pretty sure i'll surpass 10k posts..o_Oi'll get the calculator out then ,average out posts to days,addict ;)maybe,love this place,luv you guys;):)

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning! Happy Independence Day! I hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable day! Let's burn some meat!

BBQ.gif

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
the goose was grandmother's,mother spent 1000's on accesories,i being first born inherited,gave her guff for about 10 yrs,your o_O ,now she's mine and only out for special occasions,i cherish...but no way on this green earth am i spending,100+ on outfits;)they actually have certain websites ,only to cater to this goose...:oops:
WP_20200704_09_31_04_Pro.jpg
WP_20200704_09_32_10_Pro.jpg

U

User1

View Badges

Lol. This reminds me of a road trip and we are cruising through the Mojave Desert in route to Vegas. Anyway it is late in the evening when we come up to this lad on motor cycle with a side car. In the side car was a dog wearing goggles. Happy as can be - both. As we pass by we sort of look at one another, smile, thumbs up, and took off from there.

danged thing you see sometimes. In any case thanks for posting. Brought back a lot of good memories.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To say I have had a sketchy 6 days with this fish would be an understatement, during lots of goings on it has eaten, give it another few weeks and the scopas tangs will be cuddling it (?), notice not a spot of damage, it is slowly expanding how far it can go before the scopas' put it back in it's corner! ;)

DSC_0006 (1024x683).jpg

U

User1

View Badges
To say I have had a sketchy 6 days with this fish would be an understatement, during lots of goings on it has eaten, give it another few weeks and the scopas tangs will be cuddling it (?), notice not a spot of damage, it is slowly expanding how far it can go before the scopas' put it back in it's corner! ;)

DSC_0006 (1024x683).jpg

Pretty. My children bought me on for Father's day. Needless to say it was right away assaulted by my otherwise peaceful lavender tang. No idea why it turned into a murderous poo head all of a sudden but let them work it out. The issue was the tang was larger and our copperband was small. Anyway it lasted about a week but the copperbad was regulated to one area of the tank mostly behind rocks and I didn't think that was good. I pulled out the trap and rehomed my favorite fish (lavender tang). He / she had really great color but once it broke the status quo it had to go. I have more fish next year I'm adding and not sure I want to deal with that.

Having said that with previous copperbands I found going right into the display, much to 99% of hobbyists dismay, go right into the display. They need to forage for food right away I feel and that is the only way I've personally been successful with them. Since I do not have any other fish that competes for its food type there is plenty there of natural food while we try to get it to eat other food(s). So far it only picks at clam on half shells but has a healthier belly since eating my spaghetti and bristle worms.

Pretty sure it has Lymphocystis as I can see a puffy cauliflower growth on one of its fins. Didn't see it in the beginning nor after the Methylene Blue freshwater dip. My understanding, and it is limited, is that it isn't fatal and no cure other than time. We shall see.

Love the fish though and yours looks really nice!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty. My children bought me on for Father's day. Needless to say it was right away assaulted by my otherwise peaceful lavender tang. No idea why it turned into a murderous poo head all of a sudden but let them work it out. The issue was the tang was larger and our copperband was small. Anyway it lasted about a week but the copperbad was regulated to one area of the tank mostly behind rocks and I didn't think that was good. I pulled out the trap and rehomed my favorite fish (lavender tang). He / she had really great color but once it broke the status quo it had to go. I have more fish next year I'm adding and not sure I want to deal with that.

Having said that with previous copperbands I found going right into the display, much to 99% of hobbyists dismay, go right into the display. They need to forage for food right away I feel and that is the only way I've personally been successful with them. Since I do not have any other fish that competes for its food type there is plenty there of natural food while we try to get it to eat other food(s). So far it only picks at clam on half shells but has a healthier belly since eating my spaghetti and bristle worms.

Pretty sure it has Lymphocystis as I can see a puffy cauliflower growth on one of its fins. Didn't see it in the beginning nor after the Methylene Blue freshwater dip. My understanding, and it is limited, is that it isn't fatal and no cure other than time. We shall see.

Love the fish though and yours looks really nice!

I don't qt anything, it had been in the shop for less than 48 hours, it was hungry and started grazing within an hour of being in the tank.
I am rotating rocks near it to give it more to explore also, fingers crossed. :)

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Dolelo96

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy 4th of July everyone!! Hope everyone has enjoyed the day!

The grill master
097E818A-1F3E-4E88-9E66-C20F39F4AB19.jpeg

4D017CF7-941D-43D9-AE7F-F87F4237DC4B.jpeg

Ribs smoked 5 hours on the big green egg. I gave him the Green Egg on his 40th b-day, before they were cool...He just turned 62. Says a lot about their longevity;)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.8%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back