OP
Katrina71

Katrina71

Learn, Laugh, Love
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Another reason NOT to be a police officer. After 25 years of service, and countless things you miss with your family, this is what you get after 25 years. Vinyl coasters made in China.
IMG_20200726_155416017.jpg

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another reason NOT to be a police officer. After 25 years of service, and countless things you miss with your family, this is what you get after 25 years. Vinyl coasters made in China.
IMG_20200726_155416017.jpg
At least they aren't the ones already used for practice at the firing range; understand completely, lol.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning. Bad news. Pretty sure Andrew's tank has Dinos. Lost the massive frogspawn. He's heartbroken. His tank looks terrible. This is our first struggle with the D.
#honestyinreefing
Me too.
Been dealing with dino for a month or two now.
Literally haven't done anything to the tank in months besides top off.
Had top off stay on after power outage one day and dump 3 gallons extra into the tank and ran all over my apex and other equipment and onto the floor.
My apex is kinda wonky doesn't always work, but seems to be getting better as it's dried out fully now.
My tank is ugly, lost everything minus the 2 toadstools, 2 nepthea and 2 gorgonian, possibly have 1 zoa polyp still alive.
I just got huge bucket of salt and did water change on the office tank yesterday to empty the brute so I can make a new batch of saltwater and do a few 50% water changes on the living room tank.
I'm going to do some large water changes with microbacter 7.
Unfortunately I don't have any tests for phosphate/nitrate to see if it bottomed out or what's going on.
I have green hair algae that is running rampant in my tank.
I may just fluc the tank with a low 50% dose to knock out some of the long aggressive green hair and give the microbacter a better chance.?!

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#honestyinreefing
Me too.
Had top off stay on after power outage one day and dump 3 gallons extra into the tank and ran all over my apex and other equipment and onto the floor.
My apex is kinda wonky doesn't always work, but seems to be getting better as it's dried out fully now.
My tank is ugly, lost everything minus the 2 toadstools, 2 nepthea and 2 gorgonian, possibly have 1 zoa polyp still alive.
I just got huge bucket of salt and did water change on the office tank yesterday to empty the brute so I can make a new batch of saltwater and do a few 50% water changes on the living room tank.
Unfortunately I don't have any tests for phosphate/nitrate to see if it bottomed out or what's going on.
I may just fluc the tank with a low 50% dose to knock out some of the long aggressive green hair and give the microbacter a better chance.?!

Good luck, we all have downs as well as ups. :)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
#honestyinreefing
Me too.
I'm in a similar boat, but my tank is overrun with Cyano. And it doesn't bother me in the least. It's killing off some of my zoas, but my high flow is taking them out anyway. Eventually I'll have more time to work on the tank and get it resolved.

Such is life.

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dinos and cyano. It happens. Any real reefer has dealt with, or will deal with them eventually. Algae is the oldest organism on earth. Might as well embrace the uglies.
Turn off all phosphate and nitrate removers. Let it rise. Stop water changes it helps the dino to reproduce. Depending on species uv sterilizer will work.
Siphon Water through a 5 micron sock and pour back into the tank. Helps remove the dino. Than use dr Tim's recipe for dino.

If not using activated carbon I strongly suggest running it while dealing dino. How I beat them twice.

First time lost 90% of coral. Second time lost nothing.

Why-Me

Been going against the grain since I was a sapling
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in a similar boat, but my tank is overrun with Cyano. And it doesn't bother me in the least. It's killing off some of my zoas, but my high flow is taking them out anyway. Eventually I'll have more time to work on the tank and get it resolved.

Such is life.
Same here, I actually acquired a 120 gallon I need to set up soon.
Goal is before the snow flies.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well this is a well rounded group,
WP_20200727_12_55_09_Pro.jpg
so where else to ask ;) can anybody read this??:)
Is it maybe Japanese? I know two girls from Japan (one doesn’t speak English), but her sister does. It doesn't look Japanese though.

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Is it maybe Japanese? I know two girls from Japan (one doesn’t speak English), but her sister does. It doesn't look Japanese though.
??? i have no clue "duh" should have taken pic of whole saw,is a antique undercut saw,will in a bit;Facepalm
WP_20200727_19_42_00_Pro.jpg

Last edited:
U

User1

View Badges
8 months late.

Reminds me of my military retirement. Last unit I was at had a wall with pictures of members in the unit 25 or more years in their service dress uniform. My wing man and I passed when he stopped and said dude - where is your picture at? I was like hmm...I don't know. Then I looked and ask him where is his?

Neither of ours made the cut yet both 26 years - go figure.

Sorry for your better half - it is a bum deal. Especially with certain types of work and all the noise.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well this is a well rounded group,
WP_20200727_12_55_09_Pro.jpg
so where else to ask ;) can anybody read this??:) @ScottR???
Luckily for you I have studied hieroglyphics. The text is to be read from right to left. It says finish the tank Frank corals arrive in two days. And something about cattle

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 133 74.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.1%
Back