The Miracle Tank

Which tang?

• Total voters

alimac122

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope everyone is having a good Saturday!
I have some semi-worrisome news

I just got news from my best friend that her boss' wife tested positive.
She was in contact with her boss one day this week, and I was in contact with her one day post this interaction.

waiting for his test results to get back before she gets tested and subsequently I get tested. In the mean time, on super lock down and not going to the store/ campus until I hear from her about her boss.

Very irritating that I have been so cautious this entire time and still.... I have been potentially exposed.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
giphy.gif

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday we were talking about knee replacements. In case you haven't ever seen one (I know I hadn't before my wife's surgery), this is the one that she ended up with. I took these pics at the doctor's office and he had shown her what her artificial knee joint looks like and the x-ray of it installed. NOTE: No, they don't install the elastic cord. :)

IMG_2978.JPG
IMG_2979.JPG
IMG_2980.JPG
IMG_2981.JPG

dantimdad

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is with great regret that we must announce the closing of Main Street Aquariums. We really enjoyed meeting all of you and interacting with everyone.

I will be posting a build of my 240 at home. It will literally take hours to get it setup and stocked not weeks or even days.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is with great regret that we must announce the closing of Main Street Aquariums. We really enjoyed meeting all of you and interacting with everyone.

I will be posting a build of my 240 at home. It will literally take hours to get it setup and stocked not weeks or even days.
I saw this earlier on Facebook. That was a lot of blood sweat and tears. I don't know if Covid had anything to do with the closure, but just rotten luck that you got the store ready to open as this madness and adverse economic climate reared its ugly head. So sorry this happened. Looking forward to seeing the 240 though.

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

You can always get your fix by selling from home as a side gig! Super bummed for you!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That's sucks just sucks

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The economy caused by COVID is what did it. There were other factors too but, it started to affect my health and my wife was getting worried.

It was the only decision to make.
You had a full load, that's for sure. You may have saved your passion for the hobby though. I became good friends with the last local LFS owner here. He once had a lot of interest in the hobby until it became his job. He got rid of his tank at home because he got tired of maintaining other people's tanks in the morning (his maintenance service) and then at his store during the afternoon. He didn't even want to see a tank when he got home. He sold the store and I imagine he is not even in the hobby now. That is a shame because he once was a pretty knowledgable and passionate reefer. At least you will have a 240 to nurture and more time to spend with your new bride and more time to work on that truck too!

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You had a full load, that's for sure. You may have saved your passion for the hobby though. I became good friends with the last local LFS owner here. He once had a lot of interest in the hobby until it became his job. He got rid of his tank at home because he got tired of maintaining other people's tanks in the morning (his maintenance service) and then at his store during the afternoon. He didn't even want to see a tank when he got home. He sold the store and I imagine he is not even in the hobby now. That is a shame because he once was a pretty knowledgable and passionate reefer. At least you will have a 240 to nurture and more time to spend with your new bride and more time to work on that truck too!
Way to point out the positives

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tomorrow's lunch is in the fridge.
GettyImages-1172703880.jpg

Two slabs of baby back ribs marinating. Brown sugar marinade the other is marinating in a baja citrus marinade. Going out on the limb with that.
20200808_232808.jpg

We are ready.

Thespammailaccount

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tomorrow's lunch is in the fridge.
GettyImages-1172703880.jpg

Two slabs of baby back ribs marinating. Brown sugar marinade the other is marinating in a baja citrus marinade. Going out on the limb with that.
20200808_232808.jpg

We are ready.
I have the garnish freshly cut

39302B65-CC3D-41E3-8B5F-7EB395D2A323.jpeg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 53.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.3%
Back