The Miracle Tank

Which tang?

• Total voters

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sunset "in the middle of nowhere" :)
V__8B8F.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Why do cow milking stools only have three legs?
- Because the cow has the udder!

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
"how do we follow that one grandpa merkey" ;) :)
WP_20210419_18_52_46_Pro.jpg

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the nano got wiped out during the dry out phase of my flood repair. Nothing left except snails. So it is now residing outside (running) in 90°+ heat while waiting for my floors to be installed. It got up to 92° with the dehumidifiers running in every room for a week, so hopefully at least the bacteria and snails will survive this move. I have no idea why I am still trying to keep a reef going at this point. The stand was also damaged by the water, so that is another project to build another stand.

15E27D03-A4BB-4651-BB6F-332942801E13.jpeg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, the nano got wiped out during the dry out phase of my flood repair. Nothing left except snails. So it is now residing outside (running) in 90°+ heat while waiting for my floors to be installed. It got up to 92° with the dehumidifiers running in every room for a week, so hopefully at least the bacteria and snails will survive this move. I have no idea why I am still trying to keep a reef going at this point. The stand was also damaged by the water, so that is another project to build another stand.

So sorry to hear...I wish there was a cry emoji for posts like there is for likes.

It's these moments that let us enjoy the success that much more!

This won't defeat you and your tank will come back better than ever!!!

You still have the most important part of the tank.....GOOD BAC!

We are all here to go through this with you in a sense ;)

Sounds like a new stand is in order....I'm handy but not enough to give specs for a proper stand ;Hilarious let's get some help on ideas for stands :)

@F i s h y @Eagle_Steve @fishguy242 @Scratch08 @najer @sfin52

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I hope you can salvage it. Its a gorgous tank. You have had a rough year and half

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry to hear...I wish there was a cry emoji for posts like there is for likes.

It's these moments that let us enjoy the success that much more!

This won't defeat you and your tank will come back better than ever!!!

You still have the most important part of the tank.....GOOD BAC!

We are all here to go through this with you in a sense ;)

Sounds like a new stand is in order....I'm handy but not enough to give specs for a proper stand ;Hilarious let's get some help on ideas for stands :)

@F i s h y @Eagle_Steve @fishguy242 @Scratch08 @najer @sfin52
Definitely could be worse. When I first built that tank 15 years ago it was thriving. It sat dry for a number of years and I tried to bring it back on line a few years ago. Never got it back to the previous state.

The 125 is also sitting dry since the hurricane last summer. With the prices of livestock nowadays I have to seriously consider if I want to jeopardize setting the “big” tank back up.

Currently, where I live has been listed as the worst weather beaten area in the country. Hurricane season isn’t even two weeks old and there is an area of low pressure in the western Gulf. Something to watch already.

Thanks for the kind words. I do appreciate it.

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you can salvage it. Its a gorgous tank. You have had a rough year and half
I hope to. Even if it becomes my only tank. I am just glad that I don’t have to deal with a regular day job right now. I don’t know how I would sort through everything going on right now.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went to my lfs two weeks ago and saw this green toad at the back of the softie tank, my mate picked it up and moved it to the front for me to have a look at, we looked at each other like what the heck, some bright spark had elastic banded it to a round piece of branch and once the band was removed it showed that it was split about 3/4 of the way across.
It has nearly sorted out polyps outwards now as it was sort of getting tied in knots.
No rush. :)

DSC_0034 (2) (1024x719).jpg

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.8%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 23.6%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back