The most amateur protein skimmer question, probablh

MattLynch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
What is this empty tube of air on the left of this photo for??? This is my first skimmer, I bought it on ebay and looked it up. I believe the piece is the “skimmer level controller” but I don't understand how to utilize it. I still have not assembled my sump so maybe it will be more obvious in water but I just want to get this cleared up now because its driving me crazy. Please let me know!
E32CEB0E-F40F-4FD2-AC70-B32F43C39E84.jpeg

SN143-QP Monzter Mini Protein Skimmer - Skimz​

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off, welcome to Reef2Reef.

I don't know this skimmer. but all have a venturi side that sucks in air and water to make bubbles, and an exit port controlled by a gate valve. I've got to believe that's your "gate valve" part. I did look up the skimmer and it looks like you might be missing pieces:

Screenshot 2023-03-14 7.55.49 PM.png

The picture appears to show that tube extending to the base plate where I've got to believe is some type of valve.

Let's see if any #reefsquad can help here.

OP
OP
MattLynch

MattLynch

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
First off, welcome to Reef2Reef.

I don't know this skimmer. but all have a venturi side that sucks in air and water to make bubbles, and an exit port controlled by a gate valve. I've got to believe that's your "gate valve" part. I did look up the skimmer and it looks like you might be missing pieces:

Screenshot 2023-03-14 7.55.49 PM.png

The picture appears to show that tube extending to the base plate where I've got to believe is some type of valve.

Let's see if any #reefsquad can help here.
Ah man you're right, I figured I had to be missing something. Looks like it should be an easy fix with a long 3/8” nylon bolt at least. Kinda annoyed the listing didnt mention a broken piece though.. oh well. Thanks for catching that!

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 79 45.1%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 80 45.7%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 16 9.1%

Back