The Mount Olympfish diaries

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Y'all she's full on addicted already! We got her rock and water going with some Dr. Tims! Already had ammonia after one day then added Dr. Tims on day 3 or 4 I believe.

OP
OP
AlyciaMarieee

AlyciaMarieee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the lack of updates on Mount Olympfish! The last few weeks have been so crazy with prep for RAP NY/NY and then actually going to the show and helping run the R2R booth for the weekend! It was an amazing show! Met lots of new people and saw some friends. It's always a blast! Anyways, here is what's new with Mount Olympfish:

A few days before we took off to NYC I had a pair of BEAUTIFUL Wyoming whites come in from Live Aquaria! Later on that day, Joshporksandwich and his sweet family came into town for a short vacation, and he brought with him a massive toadstool to start off my tank!! Unfortunately, my water wasn't quite ready, nor was my tank even in, so my little clowns and the toadstool took some time in a QT tank while my water finished cycling.

My Red Sea Max nano came in the mail 3 days before we had to travel to New York, so I was barley able to pull it out of the box and get the stand together before we had to hit the road. I was pretty sad to leave it! I am so blown away by the tank. It was packaged well, instructions were easy to understand, and it's just an all around great tank. I highly recommend!

When we got back this Tuesday, I was excited to see that my water was perfect! Wednesday I put my sand, rock, and water into the tank and ran it over night to make sure everything was running properly and doing its job (which it was!) And yesterday I moved my clowns and toadstool into their new home!! Poseidon and Amphitrite (my clowns) are loving all their new home and eating well, and the toadstool is super healthy and happy! Everything has been pretty smooth so far.

All is well on Mouth Olympfish, and I'm looking forward to getting some more coral and making it look magical! Here's some pictures. I hope you enjoy, and stay tuned for updates!

IMG_9964.JPG

IMG_9972.JPG

IMG_9995.JPG

IMG_0002.JPG

IMG_9983.JPG

IMG_9997.JPG

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Love this little reef already! Gonna be fun watching it grow!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh and this was my first time putting together a Red Sea Tank Kit and man the attention to detail is spot on! High quality parts and very well thought out!

Tahoe61

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well that is just beautiful, nicely done. Are you going to add any power heads to the display? It looks so clean and sharp the way it is.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
She's already been raiding my frag tank! But the nano already looks great! That's my girl!

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She's got every reefers dream, in house fish store, family discount, instant hassle free returns and a vast selection of livestock at her finger tips. Awesome, clean looking set up, Red Sea makes some truly top Notch tanks.

Last edited:
Back