The New CT reefers

kgstei

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't disagree that the club has dropped off a cliff. I do recognize that it did a lot of work to run the club the way it's been run and that work falls on just a few people. I've always thought the club would benefit by being broken into smaller Regional informal monthly meetings. Maybe Eastern, Shoreline, South Western, Western and Central depending upon participation. I think that would just be a better opportunity to get to know your local reefers and particularly a better opportunity for new reefers to tap into a knowledge base which is the strength of this club. It also takes the burden of monthly meetings off the executive board who can then focus on Maybe quarterly Statewide get-togethers. Things like par meter, Lutz, could be delegated to one person. Just my thoughts

JGT

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to open a thread to kinda bring the ct reefs a bit closer together and make a community because the ways things are now suck
Think COVID-19 had a lot to do with it. Not all but def has had an impact. I’d be interested in getting something new started up.

saturn13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone else looking to set-up a big tank, I gotta 240 I have to sell, my wofe says she owns that space :(

Ti64reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been to a meeting or two but frankly this year it's really tough given the circumstances. If anyone up for a zoom meeting where we can see everyones tank and get advice from the group. May also be a good opportunity to trade corals. Mine has a long way to go so I'm happy to take the advice.

Tacticool-Reefer

I have spoken!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been to a meeting or two but frankly this year it's really tough given the circumstances. If anyone up for a zoom meeting where we can see everyones tank and get advice from the group. May also be a good opportunity to trade corals. Mine has a long way to go so I'm happy to take the advice.
...with the current upsurge of new cases I fear it will only get worse - zoom meetings are a good idea if we can find someone technically savvy enough to run them so they don’t look like a cluster.

Ti64reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my son has volunteered to set up a zoom meet for everyone. I'm thinking we can all take 5 to 10 minutes to show our tank and what is working and what isn't. Is there some days that are better than others. I'm thinking to start at 730 one evening? Once we get a night picked I'll send out a link for everyone to use.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 136 87.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back