The new HELIO PTC heater!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

DWill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got the 100 watt unit yesterday myself and set it up. I love it so far. Im running it on my Nuvo 20.

I also run the IM UV sterilizer and the hydrofill ATO and love both units so far.
What’s the resolution of the controller? Can it be set in .1° increments?

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Resolution is crisp red numbers and led dot on black controller. When heaters are on a green led dot displays. Yes it can be set .1 increments.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used a measuring tape, approx 58” from heater to controller

ReeferMaddne$$

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone else getting an error flashing on the controller for the heat probe? Mine will run fine most of the day, only to flash an error for about 10 minutes every few hours , then run normally again.

ccurnick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing is amazing! I bet you can tell when I switched from the inkbird to the Helio...

1613152933376.png

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recieved the 700 watt as a gift for the contest they ran before xmas. This is literally one of my most cherished pieces of equipment. It's insanely well made and accurate. It keeps the temp stable in my tank to a tenth of a degree and has yet to falter. Ive been running it for a month and a half now. The price is steep if you're on a budget but well worth sacrificing some other equipment or buying cheaper to include this in your budget. I will never run another heater again. Absolutely worth the money.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recieved the 700 watt as a gift for the contest they ran before xmas. This is literally one of my most cherished pieces of equipment. It's insanely well made and accurate. It keeps the temp stable in my tank to a tenth of a degree and has yet to falter. Ive been running it for a month and a half now. The price is steep if you're on a budget but well worth sacrificing some other equipment or buying cheaper to include this in your budget. I will never run another heater again. Absolutely worth the money.
A tenth of a degree is impressive. You should start a status thread so we can see you periodic updates for continued longer term success.

Will Wohlers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A tenth of a degree is impressive. You should start a status thread so we can see you periodic updates for continued longer term success.

That's a great idea. I will do that and link it here. Yea I'm very impressed with it. It's extremely easy to calibrate too against your scientific grade thermometer but I didn't have to calibrate mine. Came out of the box spot on and has continued to run perfectly calibrated. It even has a really annoying and loud alarm function that goes off if your tank gets out of your set minimum and maximum temp ranges. I found this out when my ato switch got hung up and the water evaporated below the level I had the heater probe positioned at. It was a wonderful heads up.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's a great idea. I will do that and link it here. Yea I'm very impressed with it. It's extremely easy to calibrate too against your scientific grade thermometer but I didn't have to calibrate mine. Came out of the box spot on and has continued to run perfectly calibrated. It even has a really annoying and loud alarm function that goes off if your tank gets out of your set minimum and maximum temp ranges. I found this out when my ato switch got hung up and the water evaporated below the level I had the heater probe positioned at. It was a wonderful heads up.
Really sounds like the heating system we reefers need.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m with you on this one.

ccurnick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Innovative Marine any chance you will make extension cables or potentially splitter cables for the heaters?

I love the heater thus far, but would love to have been able to mount the controller with the rest of my gear in my controller cabinet instead of under my stand. The cables were just too short.

I also went with a size down 2x200w heaters for my 90g display due to the compact size and where I wanted to put them, and it’s been fine thus far (I also keep my house in the 70’s year round). But it would be nice in the future if I could add 2 more heaters to the controller instead of getting two larger ones.

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m kind of surprised at the wattage recommendations associated with Aquarium sizes. Currently, I have a 150w managing 75g+3gal sump+14gal fuge. 78 degree tank target and 70 degree ambient in house / room. Appears to be plenty.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I’m kind of surprised at the wattage recommendations associated with Aquarium sizes. Currently, I have a 150w managing 75g+3gal sump+14gal fuge. 78 degree tank target and 70 degree ambient in house / room. Appears to be plenty.

Some have larger systems, say 300+ Gallon sitting in basements that fall down to (or below) 60 degrees at night - me

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its expensive... except ur stuck with their heaters because the special connection. also who knows how long it lasts before temp probes fail and need to be replaced........ cost isnt a issue if it lasts yearssss. but i hate how your stuck using their heaters. wish it had regular plug

ccurnick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
its expensive... except ur stuck with their heaters because the special connection. also who knows how long it lasts before temp probes fail and need to be replaced........ cost isnt a issue if it lasts yearssss. but i hate how your stuck using their heaters. wish it had regular plug
Using their heaters is what enables it to be as good as it is. They are a totally different technology and have thermostats in them that communicate with the controller.

Michael Gray

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Using their heaters is what enables it to be as good as it is. They are a totally different technology and have thermostats in them that communicate with the controller.
and whats warranty of heaters? because 2 120$ heaters replacement yearly is out of my league.. if they last 5 years then no biggie lol

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 7 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 67 56.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 6.7%
Back