The new HELIO PTC heater!

Voodoo99

View Badges
Reaction score
You’re welcome. I love this heater set up, it’s expensive but not as much as what’s in the tank.
Couldn’t agree more! I went ahead and pulled the trigger. $530 CDN. 2x200w elements. If it gives me piece of mind it’s worth every penny. I get the redundancy of the dual elements and will plug it into my Hydros controller so I can shut it down remotely if needed.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I don’t worry about heaters anymore. It definitely shuts itself off if it senses low or no flow, alarms are loud, if it doesn’t need both heaters running to get to temp it only uses one, very smart system. Customer service is excellent.

gotblur

View Badges
Reaction score
I installed the 700 watt unit a week ago. Loving it, keeps thank stable within .2 degrees. It also uses have the power that my Finnex used. I had been running a Finnex HC-810M with 800 watt heater then changed to the Finnex HC-820M for better control and went thru 3 of those in less than a month (Finnex replaced them free) each lasted about 3 days before not turning the heater on. Read about these and emailed Innovative Marine about them with some question before buying one. After setting it up a couple of more questions, the service department is great to work with. would recommend this heater to anyone, the price is a bit high but well worth what you are getting in return.

Voodoo99

View Badges
Reaction score
You’re welcome. I love this heater set up, it’s expensive but not as much as what’s in the tank.
Thought I’d give an update. It finally arrived and the hardware is solid. Got it mounted, up and running in about half hour and it has been doing a nice job at keeping temp stable. I have the 2x200w system and the redundancy was an easy sell for me. I called up Innovative Marine with a question and got through immediately to a rep who was genuinely excited to talk about this product. Expensive yes but so far no regrets at all.

How important is sand sifting or sand stirring livestock to your reef tank?

• Very important

Votes: 258 45.1%
  • Somewhat important

Votes: 182 31.8%
  • Not important

Votes: 75 13.1%
  • Not sure

Votes: 50 8.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 7 1.2%
Tunze