The new HELIO PTC heater!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Voodoo99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re welcome. I love this heater set up, it’s expensive but not as much as what’s in the tank.
Couldn’t agree more! I went ahead and pulled the trigger. $530 CDN. 2x200w elements. If it gives me piece of mind it’s worth every penny. I get the redundancy of the dual elements and will plug it into my Hydros controller so I can shut it down remotely if needed.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t worry about heaters anymore. It definitely shuts itself off if it senses low or no flow, alarms are loud, if it doesn’t need both heaters running to get to temp it only uses one, very smart system. Customer service is excellent.

gotblur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I installed the 700 watt unit a week ago. Loving it, keeps thank stable within .2 degrees. It also uses have the power that my Finnex used. I had been running a Finnex HC-810M with 800 watt heater then changed to the Finnex HC-820M for better control and went thru 3 of those in less than a month (Finnex replaced them free) each lasted about 3 days before not turning the heater on. Read about these and emailed Innovative Marine about them with some question before buying one. After setting it up a couple of more questions, the service department is great to work with. would recommend this heater to anyone, the price is a bit high but well worth what you are getting in return.

Voodoo99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You’re welcome. I love this heater set up, it’s expensive but not as much as what’s in the tank.
Thought I’d give an update. It finally arrived and the hardware is solid. Got it mounted, up and running in about half hour and it has been doing a nice job at keeping temp stable. I have the 2x200w system and the redundancy was an easy sell for me. I called up Innovative Marine with a question and got through immediately to a rep who was genuinely excited to talk about this product. Expensive yes but so far no regrets at all.

infinite0180

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hey guys, somebody local is selling one of these set ups. Im curious if the heater will still work even if it throws an error code. My fear while im on vacation the heater will throw an error and i wont be around to fix it!

Mjl714

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hey guys, somebody local is selling one of these set ups. Im curious if the heater will still work even if it throws an error code. My fear while im on vacation the heater will throw an error and i wont be around to fix it!
I’d contact IM, and see if they will provide some insight.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s supposed to shut itself down, not to overheat.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Error code of low flow, still worked. I moved where it was , everything was fine.

gotblur

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Only error code I've seen is low flow and that was within a day of set up. Moved the sensor a tad bit and not problems since. Been running almost three months with no problems and it still keeps the temp within .2 degrees. If you need any help with this heater give them a call, they are very helpful.

Lilnoelle80

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on how these heaters are doing for those that have had them running a while? I really wonder about longevity - and are the wattages they recommend pet tank size really accurate? Seems strange that they’re so different than other recommendations for other heaters.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can't 100% remember, but I think mine has been running a year now. In my opinion they are far superior to anything else I have tried. I will try and post tomorrow how tight it keeps my temperature.

Mark Gray

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the market for a heating solution on my new build. These are pricey, how is it holding for you long term users?
Mine is doing great, and they increased their warranty to 5 years. My heat only varies + or minus .5 degrees. I have had many heaters in the past been in the hobby since the 70s. This in my opinion is the best heater I have ever used.

BZOFIQ

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
...My heat only varies + or minus .5 degrees. I have had many heaters in the past been in the hobby since the 70s. This in my opinion is the best heater I have ever used.

I am within .3 degree +- from the set point on my setup...

1650724397430.png

...without the Helio.

I am not saying that Helio is bad; it's probably a great product.

I am saying that it is possible to get these results other ways....especially if you already own a controller.

reefstarterpack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are amazing heaters. Been using mine since Jan and it keeps temps within .3 of 78.0 f and it fits like a glove in the Lagoon 25

Malcontent

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept getting low flow errors that would resolve on their own but which caused me to silence the alarm. Later, the controller decided the probe was out of the water and stopped heating. This did not resolve on its own and since I'd silenced the alarm I didn't discover the heater had stopped heating until 3 days later when the fish weren't eating and I saw that the temperature was 66.5 F. That was the last straw and I went back to my old heater.

Innovative Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept getting low flow errors that would resolve on their own but which caused me to silence the alarm. Later, the controller decided the probe was out of the water and stopped heating. This did not resolve on its own and since I'd silenced the alarm I didn't discover the heater had stopped heating until 3 days later when the fish weren't eating and I saw that the temperature was 66.5 F. That was the last straw and I went back to my old heater.
I'm sorry to hear that you have had an issue with the system. An E7 error code would suggest probe either out of water or a sudden change in temperature that would shut off the heating since this would be considered a critical alert. We have a 5 year warranty on the system and would be happy to resolve any issue for you.

Please give our customer service a call or email and we can get you squared away.
866-368-7941

thanks,
IM Team

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I'm sorry to hear that you have had an issue with the system. An E7 error code would suggest probe either out of water or a sudden change in temperature that would shut off the heating since this would be considered a critical alert. We have a 5 year warranty on the system and would be happy to resolve any issue for you.

Please give our customer service a call or email and we can get you squared away.
866-368-7941

thanks,
IM Team

That's good customer service right there. I ordered this heating system for my new build and I am glad i did!

Last edited:
Back