The NEW K7 V3 is here!!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So using the 40% off deal through the global site doesn't carry the same US warranty? Was looking to possibly purchase two for my 120 but don't want to have to deal with any warranty issues should they pop up.
You will get a great warranty but you will have to deal directly with @noopsyche. Phone support and email I do for customers who buy from NoopsycheUSA stock located in Atlanta.

Hugo Tait

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to bring up an old thread but I just wanted to see if there was any resolution to the housings of your lights melting. I'm on the fence about switching to noopsyche lights and its concerning that yours got hot enough to melt the case. Im also curious if noopsyche has any customer support at all.
I have not had any support from AquariumLowCost at all. Forget warranty with them, but from a recommended supplier.

However Manose put me in touch with Noopsyche on this forum and they are much better. Parts are cheap (so far I’ve had a fan and a board burn out, possibly related) and the casing melt to some degree on all 4 units. Aquariumlowcost said “it doesn’t matter and won’t effect the light’s performance”- slightly worrying to be honest.

Having said that, I do like the performance of the lights in terms of colour, PAR etc.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Parts are cheap (so far I’ve had a fan and a board burn out, possibly related) and the casing melt to some degree on all 4 units.
So did you have to buy the parts that failed? If so was that because of buying them from AquariumLowCost? The case melting even a little doesn't give you a good feeling about them lasting for years to come, or even worse is the concern of them catching fire.

Hugo Tait

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So did you have to buy the parts that failed? If so was that because of buying them from AquariumLowCost? The case melting even a little doesn't give you a good feeling about them lasting for years to come, or even worse is the concern of them catching fire.
Yes, I have had to buy the parts. Aquariumlowcost just said I should get in touch with Noopsyche directly, so I guess that is why

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I have had to buy the parts. Aquariumlowcost just said I should get in touch with Noopsyche directly, so I guess that is why
You think they'd stand behind the product regardless of where you bought it. Although I'm not even sure if Noopsyche that you contacted were the actual manufacturer or just some Chinese distribution company for the lights. Everything works a little different with these lights then most brands because we can buy them directly from China.
At least the parts didn't cost a lot to replace.

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I may have overlooked the info somewhere but does anyone know the dimensions of the power brick, and how long the cable is from it to the light?

Hoang Long

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have a tank 70cm x 55 cm x 45 cm vs x2 k7 pro v3 140w, currently i climb the light 30 cm above the water , can anyone give me the lighting setup for the dominating sps, thanks a lot

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys, is there any customer support for these units? Ordered from AquariumLowCost, but i think this is a much larger problem. 4/4 of my new lights have melted after a couple of weeks use, and one fan is dead!
There’s no customer support for any of those lights. Or at least in my experiment there was none

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There’s no customer support for any of those lights. Or at least in my experiment there was none
From what I understand. If you buy the lights from NoopsycheUSA the lights will be shipped from the US and supported by a US based support group (it mostly seems to be user @Manose from what I've seen). If you buy the lights directly from China (but still from Noopsyche (noopsychereeflight.com)) you can get email support from their support team in China (and from the Noopsyche account on this forum). If you order the lights from China (from aquariumlowcost.com) you better hope they don't break because you're on your own. The Noopsyche account on this forum has released a public statement saying that they do not sell lights through aquarium low cost.

Aquius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my local LFSs runs these on their display tanks (they are also a dealer). I will get some pics of their other tanks, but I think the results speak for themselves...

I am probably going to be getting a Planet Aquarium Tideline 47G AIO (3 foot) from them in the next few weeks as an office tank and I am most likely going to be using these lights on the system.

20220113_190832.jpg

BroccoliFarmer

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my local LFSs runs these on their display tanks (they are also a dealer). I will get some pics of their other tanks, but I think the results speak for themselves...

I am probably going to be getting a Planet Aquarium Tideline 47G AIO (3 foot) from them in the next few weeks as an office tank and I am most likely going to be using these lights on the system.

20220113_190832.jpg
The noopsyche lights are pretty outstanding. I love mine. Got another one on the way

Bacon505

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
so is the noopsyche lighting patented? after reading this post, seem like there are multiple sellers but not necessary from the same company. I recently got sponsored by noopsyche and have the privileged to test out this LED k7 v3 over my new tank. This just make me wondering who is the authorized owner of noopsyche. From the shipment i got, the package came from china and not USA.

CJH - Jakarta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is using anything other than the default programs I’d love to know what.

I have a 150x50x50 soft/LPS system with two of the new V3’s at the max height on the mounts - currently running the default LPS setting at 75%

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 50

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If anyone is using anything other than the default programs I’d love to know what.

I have a 150x50x50 soft/LPS system with two of the new V3’s at the max height on the mounts - currently running the default LPS setting at 75%
I am not running a default setting. Here is a picture of my settings at the brightest part of the day. I am working on increasing my par, so I am slowly increasing this schedule.
20220119_171459.jpg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 49 86.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 2 3.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 5.3%
Back