The noises, man, the noises!!!

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've dialed down the drain, I've slowed the return to 70%. And instead of gurgling toilet, I have a gerbil chewing on pvc noisies. Pinching the airline doesn't help. In the sump a few bubbles come in the water line in the over flow is a perfect 1/2" above the top of the bulkhead ring. NOTE: my overflow is not a bottom drain, it's a side drain. It's so close to the quietness of a full syphon...

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Take the gerbil to the dentist and pull it’s teeth.

OP
OP
Llyod276

Llyod276

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New as of 2 weeks ago. Had a similar setup just a much shorter run, into the cabinet vs the basement as it is now. That was loud but on an ac pump and a ****** ball valve couldn't really tune it in. When I had my old old not drilled set up, but a diy full siphon, it was so quiet. Like my cat farts louder than my tank, until the skimmer kicked in.
Missing a piece of my airline rig, the friggin valve for the airline has disappeared and I went to few (3) diff stores and nobody's got one.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New as of 2 weeks ago. Had a similar setup just a much shorter run, into the cabinet vs the basement as it is now. That was loud but on an ac pump and a ****** ball valve couldn't really tune it in. When I had my old old not drilled set up, but a diy full siphon, it was so quiet. Like my cat farts louder than my tank, until the skimmer kicked in.
Missing a piece of my airline rig, the friggin valve for the airline has disappeared and I went to few (3) diff stores and nobody's got one.
Not sure the exact science nor physics.... but drains do get quieter over time

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 90 87.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back