The Odd Couple (watchman goby and pistol shrimp)

soonermitzi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Due to a bout of insomnia, i was recently awake LATE at night and witnessed some nocturnal behavior. We have had the pair of them going on four months now and things have gone VERY well with them. Saw the pistol shrimp swimming all over the tank, finally going into the tunnels and the goby chilling out on the sand bed and noticed that the goby was basically kicked out of the tunnels by the pistol. Is this a common occurrence, say when the pistol is moulting? Towards the end of the next day, all was well once again, but just curious.

NanaReefer

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They'll often kick em out for maintenance purposes, to gather food and during molt for protection. I've had my Randall's Pistol shrimp for 3+yrs now :)

CustomReefCreations

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seems to be normal behavior. My yasha haze gobie isn't allowed in the burrow while maintenance is being done

OP
OP
S

soonermitzi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty much what I figured, just needed some feedback! I think we're going to love this Oklahoma Forum! Thanks, all!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 22.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 35.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 63 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back