The official fuego thread!!!!!

purplereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Guys how much different is this acro then the Strawberry Shortcake? I have seen the pictures that look severly photo shopped. Has anyone seen with there own eyes one of these vendors colonies?

holyscoly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to be honest i dont see whats so special about this acro.yes its nice but ive seen nicer more affordable acros.btw great pics guys

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to be honest i dont see whats so special about this acro.yes its nice but ive seen nicer more affordable acros.btw great pics guys

I gotta agree with you. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder. I honestly think many of the ORA pieces are nicer.

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a very nice acro just not for the price. You used to be able to get a mini colony for the price of a frag now. To each there own I guess.

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pics are nice of the fuego but I have yet to see one in person.from the pics I see here it really doesn't look any nicer than the ATL maribalis or ORA red planet.I do think a lot of the vendors pics of it are altered in some way.the only pic I saw that I think truly represents the fuego is from WWC and there pic looks similar to the red planet.I guess to each there own and if you think it's worth the price tag then buy it.I for one will just get another red planet once my tank is running and be happy.now maybe if I saw it in person and was wowed by it I would get it but that's just me.

orthokardia

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go Troy. Sorry to hear about your luck with this coral. Mine is also from sexy coral.
Now side pic.
704d2e53.jpg

Topdown
90656f62.jpg
Let me know when u drag that baby

JF2381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i have one that I had for a while. A lot of encrusting but it is still brownish.
I'm finally starting to see blue coming in.

DSC_0361.jpg

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is mine for now...got it right below a 250w 20K MH. Oh, and Mike at SC hooked me up...thanks Mike :)

18626bca-33c2-d10b.jpg

This is what I'm talking about,that frag looks just like a red planet.obviously it could change color down the road when it's older but it us too similar to the RP for me to justify the cost.this thread is good though since we the consumer gets to see actual pics from hobbyists that aren't altered.I'd really like to see more pics of larger frags/mini-colonies and see how they look.BTW does anyone know if it's a table acro or just a branching acro?The only pics I have seen other than the ones in this thread are from vendors and none of them were true colonies,so you can't tell if it's a table or not.

swannyson7

Moderator/Acro Aficianado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One major difference I've noticed in comparison to the RP is that is retains the green base regardless of lighting. I've got my frag fairly high in the tank where it's being blasted by light and it still has a vibrant green base along with red polyps. My RP is about 6-8 inches lower and the lighting is intense enought that it has very little green except for around the base.

uchin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally got a frag. The frag i have is much brighter than the strawberry shortcake and the red planet.

Gamble

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The color is much more neon pink than the red planet. And the green does stay in higher lighting conditions. I don't think that it tables out, but could as it matures into a larger colony. Still similar to the red planet and raspberry limeade hyacinthys.

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pictures guys.... I have lost all my sps but 3 pieces... Believe it or not I still have the fuego out of all of them haha... Still brown but still ticking....;) I'll get a picture someday... Lol

JF2381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got mine when wet thumbs first released it. The price tag was a lot less then it is now.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 12 20.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 7 12.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 32 55.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 8.6%
Back