The official fuego thread!!!!!

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wt has it fs now think it's $250 if I where to buy it I'd get it from them because it will be colored up and start growing right away !!! I love wet thumb I'm getting a delivery from them this week with a frag that's same sp. As fugo but orange coloration ! Can't wait

myzislow

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pictures guys.... I have lost all my sps but 3 pieces... Believe it or not I still have the fuego out of all of them haha... Still brown but still ticking....;) I'll get a picture someday... Lol
wow that sucks man, sorry to hear. I hate to ask, but did the dustins make it?

SteezySPS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wt has it fs now think it's $250 if I where to buy it I'd get it from them because it will be colored up and start growing right away !!! I love wet thumb I'm getting a delivery from them this week with a frag that's same sp. As fugo but orange coloration ! Can't wait
250!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've seen wayyyyyyy nicer corals for wayyyyyyy cheaper. we're not comparing a rolex with a casio here

JF2381

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I got mine from wt and I'm still waiting for it to color up. It came in brown.
Nothing they did wrong it's just the way it works with SPS.

turfster26

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll send some pics over today when I get home. I agree...Strawberry Shortcake is just as nice at a fraction of the cost. I have both and like SSC better. I just happen to step in s**t and got the Fuego for $119 from Unique Corals in NYC. They had two frags when I went into the city one day and I grab it. They has a nice colony of it in their DT. The funny part is I did't even know much about the coral until recently. It looked cool in their DT so I go it.

It has grown very nicely and hasn't yet colored up to its full potential.

peacetypes6

young'n
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here you go Troy. Sorry to hear about your luck with this coral. Mine is also from sexy coral.
Now side pic.
704d2e53.jpg

Topdown
90656f62.jpg

i love top downs, thanks and excellent shot!

cmcneil

coral junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the big colony of Fugo! Not my colony.
IMG_0110-3.jpg

Redstag,how long has your buddy had the fuego?that's a large colony and the coral,as far as I know hasn't been available that long so I have to wonder if that's really the fuego.I'm not trying to start anything just wondering how long he's had it.nice looking colony BTW.

Joe Knows Reefs

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a lot of people are wondering why you would pay $250 for a small frag of this acro when you can get a chunk of red planet or something similar for 10% of that price. Well, this is just like any other hobby and everything else in life. To each their own...some people want the latest and greatest, some people want to do/buy something just to say they have it or have done it. My personal experience is that this acro is much different than red planet...

The pink/red is much brighter and vibrant...not a deep red like the RP. And, as mentioned earlier, in maintains is bright and vibrant lime green base in a variety of conditions and lighting. It doesn't table. It has different polyp structure and tone. Different coralite structure and color.

To most people it will look like another red/green acro that can't be distinguished...but to avid acro collectors it is unique in its own regard.

I personally don't see much difference between a neon green nepthea and true neon green kenya tree. But a leather collector would be quick to slap me with their priced devil's hand for saying such a thing... ;)

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow that sucks man, sorry to hear. I hate to ask, but did the dustins make it?

Unfortunately no...:sad: I have the shortcake, fuego, and spaghetti acro... The rest are toast... Found a penny in my water storage jugs... Dang kids..:(

MattL22

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Troy I'm really sorry to hear that amazing that a penny can wipe out a tank like that was it gradual or was it overnight??

re-fin-away

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately no...:sad: I have the shortcake, fuego, and spaghetti acro... The rest are toast... Found a penny in my water storage jugs... Dang kids..:(

WOW that is the second time I have heard of a penny taking down a tank. It happend to a guy Im friends with as well. It was not a pretty site. Sorry to hear that.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 57 49.6%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 63 54.8%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 26 22.6%
  • None.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 7.8%
Back