OP
DipG

DipG

Dream Build Complete
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have neglected this thread for a long time and I apologize for that. Since my last post here a lot has happened (all positive). My staghorn corals really took off and they became too big for my tank. Below are the pictures from September 2016 through January 2017 and then at the end you will see pictures of those staghorns being cut by Mark Callahan (mrsaltwatertank) to transport them to another reefer in TN.

IMG_1830.jpg

IMG_1831.jpg

IMG_4572.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2133.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

OP
OP
DipG

DipG

Dream Build Complete
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I kept small frags of all the colonies which were cut and then started all over again and I am once again loving this journey of growing large colonies from frags. Below you will see pictures which I have taken over the last 6 months and at the very end I have couple of pictures taken this week with the recent FTS

April 2017
IMG_4678.jpg

IMG_2421.jpg

June 2017

IMG_2706.jpg

IMG_2707.jpg
IMG_2781_1.jpg

EyeEm-16.jpg

September 2017

IMG_5011.jpg

Oldest fish in my tank (7 years)
IMG_5001.jpg

IMG_4958.jpg

FTS
IMG_4987.jpg

OP
OP
DipG

DipG

Dream Build Complete
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what is your secret ?! wow amazing!

Thanks! I wish there was some secret. I do 2 part dosing using ESV bionic, I do 10% water changes every 2 weeks now (I used to do water changes every week) and I feed a lot to my fish (approx. 6 frozen cubes daily). I dose iodine because for some reason something seems to be using it up based on Triton test. I can't think of anything else I do special.

samparker

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing tank and even better pictures, congrats on a beautiful piece of the ocean in your house

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stumbled on this thread. Amazing tank, corals and fish selection. We need an update

OP
OP
DipG

DipG

Dream Build Complete
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stumbled on this thread. Amazing tank, corals and fish selection. We need an update
Thanks for the kind words but this tank was torn down in April of last year since we were moving to a new house. On a positive note that allowed me to build my dream tank. I will be creating a thread for that tank soon but it has been set up and running for about 6 months now.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thanks for the kind words but this tank was torn down in April of last year since we were moving to a new house. On a positive note that allowed me to build my dream tank. I will be creating a thread for that tank soon but it has been set up and running for about 6 months now.

Did you ever setup a thread for your new tank? Looking to follow along.

OP
OP
DipG

DipG

Dream Build Complete
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you ever setup a thread for your new tank? Looking to follow along.
unfortunately I never got around starting a build thread. Maybe over the holidays when I have time off I will create a thread to show the progression pictures over the last 2 years since it is late to start a build thread.

CoralWealth

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
unfortunately I never got around starting a build thread. Maybe over the holidays when I have time off I will create a thread to show the progression pictures over the last 2 years since it is late to start a build thread.

Sounds great!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 23.9%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back