The process or the "end" product...your favorite?

DannyTanks

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
it’s gotta be the process. I am obsessed with the setup, the build, the problem solving. When I first started out, I couldn’t stop buying tanks to get my fill of setting them up only to find that I got bored, broke it down and set it back up again. I have since realized that the challenge is not in the setup but the prolonged success. Although my most recent, ongoing reef build has been my favorite

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I'd say the process. It seems like when we get to the "end product" we either get bored and start over or get tired and change things around. Plus, with corals it's always changing anyways, so is there ever really an end product?

starbuck88

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like it all to be honest.

I'm a tinkerer by nature and DIY everything around the house and the cars so it's no surprise I love the little battles with algae and the likes, love the testing etc. Apart from filtration I don't have anything automated, no ATO, no auto feeder, no auto dosing etc. Perhaps topping up myself is getting a little tiresome now but it's no effort at all.

When you put the hard work in I find it even more satisfying to sit there and say yeah...I did this. look at it!

Kris 2020

Super Active Excellent Well Known Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Trick question, there is no "end" :D

Whether we do anything directly or not our aquariums are always changing, always growing. One thing dies, another thing splits or spawns, and you get to rebalance it all over again and then sit back and watch as it evens back out.
This! The process never really ends. I enjoy both, and I’m constantly tweaking things. I do feel I am finally learning to enjoy the end result without over analyzing everything.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love the fresh new tank feel!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%

Back