OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is going to be a great tank when they get it right. Sorry you're going through this.
Yeah, last night I thought up all kinds of scenarios and how I was going to respond... So glad I don't have to walk the line between putting my foot down and alienating the LFS :)

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's nothing short of amazing that this is going to be properly addressed. As for the "response preparation"... who hasn't don't that a million times? I am constantly arguing with my empty passenger seat about everything that bothers me... and I always win!

But good for you and the tank. I would have bet money against a full replacement.

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's nothing short of amazing that this is going to be properly addressed. As for the "response preparation"... who hasn't don't that a million times? I am constantly arguing with my empty passenger seat about everything that bothers me... and I always win!

But good for you and the tank. I would have bet money against a full replacement.
Well, since there's no denying that they used black silicone when I ordered clear, none of the other problems really needed to be "proven"... Although I asked the LFS to convey ALL my concerns so that the next tank doesn't have those issues either.

jmatt

Just gettin' started. Again.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, since there's no denying that they used black silicone when I ordered clear, none of the other problems really needed to be "proven"... Although I asked the LFS to convey ALL my concerns so that the next tank doesn't have those issues either.
All other issues aside, I think the low iron glass aspect would annoy me the most. That's a significant step up in price and if you didn't receive it then that constitutes a "no questions asked" return situation. Dickering over cosmetic issues is one thing... but not receiving the glass you paid for is theft.

Is there any chance the LFS farmed it out somewhere else to lower the cost and increase their profit? Or do you know for a fact that Planet made the box?

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All other issues aside, I think the low iron glass aspect would annoy me the most. That's a significant step up in price and if you didn't receive it then that constitutes a "no questions asked" return situation. Dickering over cosmetic issues is one thing... but not receiving the glass you paid for is theft.

Is there any chance the LFS farmed it out somewhere else to lower the cost and increase their profit? Or do you know for a fact that Planet made the box?
I know Planet made it.
As for the glass, Planet says the pictures I sent of the green edges still indicate low iron... I have my doubts but have no way to prove it. Is there a way to tell if glass is low iron without water in the tank? (On my other tank, my blue mushrooms look decidedly different when viewed from the top as opposed to through the glass... so I know the "high" iron glass is distorting the color)

dcsorrell

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know Planet made it.
As for the glass, Planet says the pictures I sent of the green edges still indicate low iron... I have my doubts but have no way to prove it. Is there a way to tell if glass is low iron without water in the tank? (On my other tank, my blue mushrooms look decidedly different when viewed from the top as opposed to through the glass... so I know the "high" iron glass is distorting the color)
My new low iron tank (FZone) also looks green at the edges, looking down from the top, but not in from the sides. Let me know what you find out. I think it may be normal, but not really sure. Glad your lfs is making it right.

thatmanMIKEson

Reefing ain't easy$
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh come on... we love seeing damaged/destroyed tanks almost as much as ones that are uneventful. :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
True that, I love pictures of anything, I'll even look at a picture of someone's dog looking at their fish tank, I love me some pictures!!! The better the quality the more I feel like I'm there. I like my threads/posts Like I like my books.......w/lots of pictures ;)

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Please avoid personal attacks and antagonism in a personal Member Tanks thread and allow the member to focus on their build thread. Please remember that R2R takes the "be nice" idea seriously. If you have question, please reach out to me directly.

~Peace

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please avoid personal attacks and antagonism in a personal Member Tanks thread and allow the member to focus on their build thread. Please remember that R2R takes the "be nice" idea seriously. If you have question, please reach out to me directly.

~Peace
Thank you for cleaning up this thread !!!

Fun Love GIF by Molang

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today started out promising but went downhill rapidly. I don't feel like typing it all out here but suffice it to say I'm not doing well right now.

I'll get things sorted out one way or another (money grows on trees, right? what's the big deal spending over $3500 on a dud...?)

I'll probably just have this thread deleted and start a new one. I don't know... We'll see.

Gotta sleep on a few things and decide what to do next.

OP
OP
EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After some stressful back and forth (with a healthy dose of miscommunication), I think the tank situation is back on track. Not holding my breath until I see the final result, but hopefully I'll have the tank I ordered in the first place, in a couple weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 88 80.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back