OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never! Ever! You’re right! Yea, I’ve heard of those things. I have a cheapo one I got from an event one time. It works really great for free. :)

They're not that expensive ($30)…. but how many times can you say that and say it's not expensive? ;Hilarious

Daniel92481

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're not that expensive ($30)…. but how many times can you say that and say it's not expensive? ;Hilarious
I hear you. It all adds up, but hey, it’s a great hobby/lifestyle. Who else gets to go scuba dive in their living room without getting wet? :)

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"How did you find this Simon?"
The date stood out when the journal was started, my 57th birthday!

I can't remember which puffer I had a year or so back, fed well and still turned on my corals, good luck!

Thad disbrow

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your on the right track. Varios is a great pump, I run the 6. The skimmer 110 is a great skimmer and you will not go wrong with it. I have used gyre maxspect which is like icecap and don't personally care for it. Hard to get the right water movement where you want it since they cover a broad area. ATO Xp Aqua work well. Light choice is works well. Congrats on diving in!

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"How did you find this Simon?"
The date stood out when the journal was started, my 57th birthday!

I can't remember which puffer I had a year or so back, fed well and still turned on my corals, good luck!

Yeah, It's an understood possibility, but one I'm willing to take. Hopefully, keeping him well fed will keep him away from my corals, but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason: some will go after corals no matter how you feed them.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your on the right track. Varios is a great pump, I run the 6. The skimmer 110 is a great skimmer and you will not go wrong with it. I have used gyre maxspect which is like icecap and don't personally care for it. Hard to get the right water movement where you want it since they cover a broad area. ATO Xp Aqua work well. Light choice is works well. Congrats on diving in!

Yes, I really like my Varios return pump; in fact, i like just about everything from RO. I ended up getting the Bubble Magus Elite for a skimmer and after many trials and tribulations, i finally have it dialed in... i think. I was leaning towards the maxspect gyre, but the one thing that turned me away from it was the noise... or at least reportedly so. I'm glad i went with the RO octopulse 2... it's virtually silent and really moves the water.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After looking at a few filter kits for taking pictures with my phone, I decided on "Reefing Art Coral Lens Professional Photography 6 Lenses Kit." They were all about the same price and this one looked best to me. Will have it tomorrow.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
9 corals from 2 different vendors received today and all are doing well. 5 more tomorrow. I was trying to hold with any pictures until my filter lenses came in, but.....

20200109_125742.jpg 20200109_145853.jpg
These look so much better in person. Neon tip purple torch, and orange ricordea.

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pic from one of the corals I got today: armor of god, paly. the neon orange is awesome. can't wait until I get my filter lenses to really show off my corals.

my aussie lemon splatter is taking its good ole time of coming out, but it is blossoming slowly and looks awesome.

neon green gsp have really sprouted after being in my tank for over 24 hours. planning to glue the 2 frags to the glass back wall. i saw that look and it looked awesome to me.

20200110_140323.jpg

OP
OP
S.Pepper

S.Pepper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a day made for making ro/di water... and a chance to wear shorts and a t-shirt again. I'm in NE and it will get close to 70 degrees.

It's also a day to watch PLAYOFF FOOTBALL!!!!!! And maybe a cold one or two. Until then, a couple pics of my new corals. I received my filter lenses last night through Amazon and started playing around with them this morning. I'm obviously going to have work on my "skills" using the filters. Regardless, here's a pic of my Aussie Lemon Splatter Hammer and Devil's Armor Paly.

20200111_094801.jpg 20200111_095002.jpg

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 76 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 34.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.4%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back