The reef adventure - 350 Gallons

aquamn1999

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 23, 2010
Messages
100
Reaction score
22
Location
Charleston, SC
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 1

IMG_7222.jpg
 
Following along!
 
Sweet. Following
 
Sailfin and angle have been dying to get back in to their tank since the move. They have been living in an 80 gallon low boy for 3 years. I raised the emperor from juvenile which was about the size of a 50 cent piece to full adult. Both the desjardinii and emperor are 16 years old.

IMG_7276.jpg
 
The diatoms are coming the diatoms are coming. We are getting closer to be able to start corals.

IMG_7277.jpg
Congrats on the ugly phase starting!
 
Sailfin and angle have been dying to get back in to their tank since the move. They have been living in an 80 gallon low boy for 3 years. I raised the emperor from juvenile which was about the size of a 50 cent piece to full adult. Both the desjardinii and emperor are 16 years old.

IMG_7276.jpg
That's impressive! Good luck with the new tank and may the cycle be short and issue free.
 
Are you changing almost 100% water change after the cycle
It' going to be a awesome tank !?
 
Are you changing almost 100% water change after the cycle
It' going to be a awesome tank !?
I don't see the need for a 100% water change. I'll do a 25% as needed. The tank cycled quickly as I used media from my other tank to jump start this one. Now i just have to go through the the ugly new tank stages, brown diatoms, etc.
 
I wouldn't either unless you had other tanks, sounds like you do. I'm not looking forward to buying salt to start over again with a new set up with a 125g, 40g sump and a QT, either a 49g or 50g.
I agree, the ugly tank I just wanna through it away. lol 🤪
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW LONG HAVE YOU PERSONALLY KEPT YOUR LONGEST-SERVING CURRENT RESIDENT?

  • Under 1 year

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 to under 3 years

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 to under 5 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 5 to under 10 years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • 10 to under 20 years

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • 20+ years

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I’ve lost track

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new