The Reef Blaster..

Ratherbeflyen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Boy I thought my job was bad, how many drug tests do you have to take on a daily bases?
Capture.PNG

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a knock off Rule 12v bilge pump you can buy for $14 with an extra waterproof battery compartment holding a (guess) Lipo battery.

Doesn’t do anything a small powerhead won’t do, other than its battery operated.

Goplus[emoji768] Electric Bilge Pump 12V 2.0A 500 GPH Marine Boat Yacht Submersible 3/4" Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J3NJPSM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_WOECBb5SWS7RJ

OP
OP
Michael Naegeli

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right... it’s wireless and very convienent be it that it is. It’s actually not a rule pump housing. It’s a Chinese made pooper. New one will be sweet. It’s a lot cooler than a powerhead. Super handy lil tool

OP
OP
Michael Naegeli

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the mold he is having produced to make these is like 28k or something close he told me. It was obviously construed from a bilge pump. That’s basically all it is but w a long lasting (gonna be us coast guard approved for an emergency bailer for boats. It’s pretty dope. I love super quick rock blow off and instant water changes. No chords just bam wherever u need it.

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The cordless aspect of this product is a game changer. The cord is a pain on the powerheads. I didn't see one but I'm assuming there is an on/off switch on the unit. If so, another game changer.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Michael Naegeli

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s what I’m sayin bro. The Reef blasters Dope. He maintains tanks and gets a whole day out of single charge on the old one. New one gonna be epic yes has on off button very convienently. Love the Blaster. Everyone should have one

OP
OP
Michael Naegeli

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a knock off Rule 12v bilge pump you can buy for $14 with an extra waterproof battery compartment holding a (guess) Lipo battery.

Doesn’t do anything a small powerhead won’t do, other than its battery operated.

Goplus[emoji768] Electric Bilge Pump 12V 2.0A 500 GPH Marine Boat Yacht Submersible 3/4" Hose https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01J3NJPSM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_WOECBb5SWS7RJ
Don’t forget the deep cell marine battery or extension chord you would need w a 15 dollar pump. Big difference.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t forget the deep cell marine battery or extension chord you would need w a 15 dollar pump. Big difference.

Don’t need a deep cell marine battery. The one you’re talking about doesn’t, right?

All you’d need is a 10000 mAh Lipo and you’d be in business for hours. An additional battery pack would keep you going for a day of cleaning

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t need a deep cell marine battery. The one you’re talking about doesn’t, right?

All you’d need is a 10000 mAh Lipo and you’d be in business for hours. An additional battery pack would keep you going for a day of cleaning
And where are you going to put this battery?

OP
OP
Michael Naegeli

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess u could duck tape it all together and have a hoopty. This has a real nice Waterproof, wireless, well engineered contraption. Great idea, super handy

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok-

1) Attach a 12v powerhead to a length of 1/2 or 3/4 inch pvc. Run cord up inside of pipe. Seal end with epoxy to keep out water.

2) on other end of pvc pipe, have your battery pack zip tied/ Velcro wrapped/ carabiner Clip a bag, or otterbox holding battery / method of choice.

3) put a switch and applicable safety fuse in-line.

4) dip wet end in tank, flip switch, ‘blast’ the rocks.

How’s that sound?

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess u could duck tape it all together and have a hoopty. This has a real nice Waterproof, wireless, well engineered contraption. Great idea, super handy
Exactly. Duct tape is not waterproof. For the wireless feature alone, I would get one. The switch is a bonus. So long as there is longevity with the product, it is worth the price, IMHO.

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok-

1) Attach a 12v powerhead to a length of 1/2 or 3/4 inch pvc. Run cord up inside of pipe. Seal end with epoxy to keep out water.

2) on other end of pvc pipe, have your battery pack zip tied/ Velcro wrapped/ carabiner Clip a bag, or otterbox holding battery / method of choice.

3) put a switch and applicable safety fuse in-line.

4) dip wet end in tank, flip switch, ‘blast’ the rocks.

How’s that sound?
Sounds like my time to buy all the needed supplies, engineer it to be waterproof and fail-proof, assemble it, test it, repair/modify it, make into a compact unit, etc., is worth the money to buy one already engineered and warrantied.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly. Duct tape is not waterproof. For the wireless feature alone, I would get one. The switch is a bonus. So long as there is longevity with the product, it is worth the price, IMHO.

Lol, no duct tape needed.

However- having been a scuba diver fir 15 years and own and use high power scuba flashlights-

The waterproof canister in that design is a potential leak point. Not ‘if’, but when. And it happens so frequently that wreck and cave divers carry two such canister lights to mitigate the threat of leakage.

Having the battery remote and on the dry side is an intrinsically safer design.

That design is still going to need a handle, right? Why not just extend the wires and keep the battery on the dry side? Get rid of the waterproof sealed canister and rubber switch boot on the switch, which are both failure points.

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, no duct tape needed.

However- having been a scuba diver fir 15 years and own and use high power scuba flashlights-

The waterproof canister in that design is a potential leak point. Not ‘if’, but when. And it happens so frequently that wreck and cave divers carry two such canister lights to mitigate the threat of leakage.

Having the battery remote and on the dry side is an intrinsically safer design.

That design is still going to need a handle, right? Why not just extend the wires and keep the battery on the dry side? Get rid of the waterproof sealed canister and rubber switch boot on the switch, which are both failure points.
Interesting. I have been a scuba diver for over 27 years and stopped logging my dives after 4632 dives under my belt. I have owned 3 different cannister lights from American underwater lighting, Dive Rite and my latest, an awesome super bright and compact Dusty's Lights. Not to mention 7 different underwater camera housings, both still and motion. I have been doing underwater filming and video commercially and now solely recreationally. Never had one leak, ever. Proper maintenance and care of your equipment, will mitigate any potential problem. Not saying that it doesn't happen but it will be far less likely if you maintain your equipment. The only failures that I ever witnessed were from others user error or maintenance neglect. The reason an over-head environment diver carries a spare or better, two, is for failures, yes but primarily due to the primary running out of juice. I don't see any need for a handle. My current water change and cleaning setup doesn't have one. It is all a matter of preference and utility. I see the utility in owning one of these, others may not...

OP
OP
Michael Naegeli

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just get home. Power is out. All battery backups done died who know when. Fish all stressed. The Reef Blaster saving everyone. Have 4 tanks and just slapped it in on surface and instantly blast my tank by tank with much needed oxygen and ridiculous flow. So saved me. I have papers in to county for permit on my propane tank needed to sink in order to get my whole house generator done. I was without power 5 days last year hurricane. Man I got 4 hours no power tonight. Luckily I had the Blaster charged. Dang

OP
OP
Michael Naegeli

Michael Naegeli

Captainspando
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Interesting. I have been a scuba diver for over 27 years and stopped logging my dives after 4632 dives under my belt. I have owned 3 different cannister lights from American underwater lighting, Dive Rite and my latest, an awesome super bright and compact Dusty's Lights. Not to mention 7 different underwater camera housings, both still and motion. I have been doing underwater filming and video commercially and now solely recreationally. Never had one leak, ever. Proper maintenance and care of your equipment, will mitigate any potential problem. Not saying that it doesn't happen but it will be far less likely if you maintain your equipment. The only failures that I ever witnessed were from others user error or maintenance neglect. The reason an over-head environment diver carries a spare or better, two, is for failures, yes but primarily due to the primary running out of juice. I don't see any need for a handle. My current water change and cleaning setup doesn't have one. It is all a matter of preference and utility. I see the utility in owning one of these, others may not...
You have quadruple plus the Dives I’ve logged past 20 years. Dang. Love diving

P-Dub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I just get home. Power is out. All battery backups done died who know when. Fish all stressed. The Reef Blaster saving everyone. Have 4 tanks and just slapped it in on surface and instantly blast my tank by tank with much needed oxygen and ridiculous flow. So saved me. I have papers in to county for permit on my propane tank needed to sink in order to get my whole house generator done. I was without power 5 days last year hurricane. Man I got 4 hours no power tonight. Luckily I had the Blaster charged. Dang
Mother is the necessity of invention, uh, err... Yet another use. Thinking out of the box. I like it. I have a 10K backup generator. Would love a whole house but the maintenance and upkeep for one as well as getting parts and repairs done should there be a failure, is next to impossible. That backup generator has saved me though.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back