The Reef Blaster..

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (DIY)' started by Michael Naegeli, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Michael Naegeli

Michael Naegeli Member Partner Member 2018

So I was at my Lfs, Coral Connection in Sarasota today and noticed one of these on their workbench. Strange looking contraption at first site... I had to know what it was so I asked one of the owners James what is this thing?? He replied "the Reef Blaster" the other partner Ray makes them himself and actually sells them. He said they work great to clean your rock, water changes, and excellent sump cleaners. It's a battery operated little hand held bilge pump lookin thing that you submerge in tank and it blows a perfect stream to clean live rock and hard to reach places. It's so cool, I had to have one so I purchased. I love supporting my lfs and this is an awesome little invention. Mine is on the charger now, takes 4 hours for the first charge... cannot take it off until the green light flashes or the battery memory will only charge to that point forever. Ugh... long wait, can't wait to blast my rocks and effortlessly clean my whole sump out tonight. Oh and I will also use for water change for it is that time again. I will report back after I blast my tanks to lyk how it really works. Can't wait to try it out!!

Rickyb1982 likes this.
    Tags:

2. Pivitol

Pivitol Well-Known Member

Post some pics when you get a chance.

3. Michael Naegeli

[​IMG]

Pivitol likes this.
  4. Michael Naegeli

The Reef Blaster is awesome, I love it.... I used it this morning to blow out my rocks and in the process it blew a big ole Nudibranch out from under one of my Zoa colony. I was wondering why that colony had a portion closed up for the past couple days. I am a freak about lights out search for pests and I never once found any. The Reef Blaster may have just saved a big beautiful colony of Asd Leprechauns. It's like they know the beast is gone, they are all open after just 2 hours of removing. Oh ya, the Reef Blaster is for sure a nice tool to have... my rocks look super nice and clean after blasting. Also did a water change using it, it sucked up all detritus off my sump floor effortlessly. I'll give it a solid B+ so far. I also used it to mix my salt water for water change, again just awesome. Very happy I got this thing.

5. fishbox

fishbox Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why I'm having such trouble in visioning how this thing works. Is there anyway you can post a video?

6. Toomanyfish

Toomanyfish Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

In from the bottom ( blue) out from the side ( red )

7. fishbox

fishbox Well-Known Member

Am I missing something? Why not just use a power head?

8. Hubtech

Hubtech Active Member

works better than a turkey baster?

DSC reef and fishbox like this.
  9. Jimbo662

Jimbo662 Well-Known Member Partner Member 2018

So, once it's charged you unplug and screw a cap on the top and it's water tight?

Draft saved Draft deleted