The Reef Blaster..

Discussion in 'Do It Yourself (DIY)' started by Michael Naegeli, Nov 3, 2017.

1. Michael Naegeli

Michael Naegeli Active Member Partner Member 2018

So I was at my Lfs, Coral Connection in Sarasota today and noticed one of these on their workbench. Strange looking contraption at first site... I had to know what it was so I asked one of the owners James what is this thing?? He replied "the Reef Blaster" the other partner Ray makes them himself and actually sells them. He said they work great to clean your rock, water changes, and excellent sump cleaners. It's a battery operated little hand held bilge pump lookin thing that you submerge in tank and it blows a perfect stream to clean live rock and hard to reach places. It's so cool, I had to have one so I purchased. I love supporting my lfs and this is an awesome little invention. Mine is on the charger now, takes 4 hours for the first charge... cannot take it off until the green light flashes or the battery memory will only charge to that point forever. Ugh... long wait, can't wait to blast my rocks and effortlessly clean my whole sump out tonight. Oh and I will also use for water change for it is that time again. I will report back after I blast my tanks to lyk how it really works. Can't wait to try it out!!

Rickyb1982 likes this.
    Tags:

2. Pivitol

Pivitol Active Member

Post some pics when you get a chance.

3. Michael Naegeli

[​IMG]

Pivitol likes this.
  4. Michael Naegeli

The Reef Blaster is awesome, I love it.... I used it this morning to blow out my rocks and in the process it blew a big ole Nudibranch out from under one of my Zoa colony. I was wondering why that colony had a portion closed up for the past couple days. I am a freak about lights out search for pests and I never once found any. The Reef Blaster may have just saved a big beautiful colony of Asd Leprechauns. It's like they know the beast is gone, they are all open after just 2 hours of removing. Oh ya, the Reef Blaster is for sure a nice tool to have... my rocks look super nice and clean after blasting. Also did a water change using it, it sucked up all detritus off my sump floor effortlessly. I'll give it a solid B+ so far. I also used it to mix my salt water for water change, again just awesome. Very happy I got this thing.

5. fishbox

fishbox Well-Known Member

I'm not sure why I'm having such trouble in visioning how this thing works. Is there anyway you can post a video?

Tuffyyyyy likes this.
  6. Toomanyfish

Toomanyfish Well-Known Member R2R Supporter Build Thread Contributor

In from the bottom ( blue) out from the side ( red )

7. fishbox

fishbox Well-Known Member

Am I missing something? Why not just use a power head?

8. Hubtech

Hubtech Active Member Build Thread Contributor

works better than a turkey baster?

DSC reef and fishbox like this.
  9. Jimbo662

Jimbo662 Valuable Member Partner Member 2018

So, once it's charged you unplug and screw a cap on the top and it's water tight?

10. Michael Naegeli

Yes. Once charged. Cap off the plug and it’s wireless. It’s absolutely awesome for water changes. Just slap a hose on the outlet and suck out ur sump debri and then just throw it in ur new mix and fill tank. Such an awesome lil tool to have. I use it all the time for many purposes. Fasted water change Ever!!

11. Jimbo662

They need to sell this on their site!!!!!

12. Michael Naegeli

They will be. They just now finally got a patent. They are working on the New model which is going to hold a full 4 hour run time. Once that is achieved the Reef Blaster will be “Coast Guard Certified” for a Emergency wireless bailer. That is well in its works and will be available soon. I know I will get the new one when out. He will be using all American made parts too... plus in my book

13. Jimbo662

That's great to hear!

14. randy4083

randy4083 Valuable Member

Are they selling this yet or when will people be able to buy one

15. Night Reefer

Night Reefer Active Member R2R Supporter West Palm Beach Reefer

Would love to see a video of this thing action

16. Michael Naegeli

They are currently waiting on their new model that should be out in a couple months. First edition ( which I have) is not up to par. A China made battery which they have had many problems is no longer available and mine done broke. The new version is made of all American made parts and should address the issues they have w first. I’ll be one of the first w new one and will for sure post a video. Gotta say when it did work it was awesome. Such a great easy to use tool, which has multiple uses. My fav was the extremely easy to do water changes and rock cleaning. Such a great idea, can’t wait for the new ones to be ready.. since mine failed I’ve had much harder maintenance on my 3 Tanks. Ugh... when I do have new one and able to post a video of it in action, I promise you will be sold immediately!!

17. NY_Caveman

NY_Caveman Cave Dweller R2R Supporter R2R Excellence Award Build Thread Contributor

Did I miss it above? What is the price?

Draft saved Draft deleted