The Reef Diaper Giveaway: 15 WINNERS will be announced!

Reef Diaper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very interesting. What is the filter element made of? I'm all for disposable filter socks if they are environmentally friendly, i.e. they can decompose, rather than all the plastic and synthetic fabrics and fleeces we see on the market currently.
Very interesting. What is the filter element made of? I'm all for disposable filter socks if they are environmentally friendly, i.e. they can decompose, rather than all the plastic and synthetic fabrics and fleeces we see on the market currently.
The filter element is polyester. Hopefully we will have a biodegradable version in the future when more material options become available. The plastic flanges are reusable and only the light weight element is thrown away.

Red_Beard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Entry:
These are brilliant! The bulk of the manufacturing is reusable and only the filter gets tossed. AND at .98 a sock I won’t get heartburn actually replacing them!
Thank you for looking after the filthy underside of our fussy babies.

ReefJCB

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bonus:
Build thread update

mattd017

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. More plastic being thrown away. Some making it into the oceans we are all so desperately trying to to replicate. Once these are made from bamboo fiber or something, I'll be interested. Until then, what a disappointment.

elcapitan1993

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Official entry: I use those and have been for 3 months, I love these way better than regular filter socks, washing filter socks in my washer with bleach always seemed like a terrible idea to me and especially since I change mine every three days, these are perfect just to take out every 3 days and throw away and put a new one in

yan2pr

I grow GHA better than anything else
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Official entry: Disposable and no more socks cleaning mess. What else do i need to say.

12humuhumu21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would love to try these. I hate washing the filter socks.

icedearth15324

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It would definitely be a cool product to use. I use a Klir and every now and then I want to run extra filtration, so not needing to keep socks cleaned for emergencies would be awesome.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 56 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back