the returns from your manifolds go...?

Bossanova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm undertaking my first plumbing job, it's going great so far! I decided to get ambitious and make a manifold for the return.

Where do you all bring back the water that goes out from them, and does it even matter? Return chamber? Refugium? Anywhere but the mech?

Pics and tips welcome! TY!

Waters

"...in perfect isolation, here behind my wall."
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm undertaking my first plumbing job, it's going great so far! I decided to get ambitious and make a manifold for the return.

Where do you all bring back the water that goes out from them, and does it even matter? Return chamber? Refugium? Anywhere but the mech?

Pics and tips welcome! TY!
Everything from my manifold (if you can call it a manifold) goes through two reactors (GFO and Carbon) then direct back to the tank.

IMG_2313.JPG

Dr Jimmy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a smaller system and some space issues. Mine get recycled back to the skimmer section. My thoughts, I'm not moving that much water through my carbon and if I get a biopellet reactor, I'll want that to output next to the skimmer.

20200526_100554.jpg

OP
OP
B

Bossanova

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been seeing some people send their return back to the main drain. I guess the rationale is they can shut off the main return and cycle the water endlessly through their sump?

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a dedicated pump for my assorted cannisters and filters. Pulls water out of the initial section of the sump and puts it back closer to the return. Classic over thinking though. Just plumb it in the most convenient way.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 127 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.6%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.1%
Back