OP
OP
BruskiTLR

BruskiTLR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Things were surviving and growing slowly BUT I craved more. I wanted to know that my tank was THRIVING not just surviving and as these curious creatures explored this new coral in the tank I explored the concept of what it meant to thrive and how to achieve it.

OP
OP
BruskiTLR

BruskiTLR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And then the next chapter unfolded in which I solved the issue of my tanks low magnesium, dealt with random chaeto death, adjusted the lighting schedule, etc. I understand that stability is key in this hobby but sometimes you need to tweak small things in your tank to correct the bad and the problem was that I tweaked too many small things too fast. This is a video of my tank in early January of 2019 before the discoloration began and the polyp extension decreased.

OP
OP
BruskiTLR

BruskiTLR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The death of my chaeto led to a sudden rise in nutrients which led to discoloration of my birdsnest and one of my torches polyps have decreased by over half. Some of my zoas have somewhat bleached and green hair algae almost took hold of my entire Zoa garden. Things have gotten better and will take a while to show that but this is where I stand at the moment. My parameters have finally stabilized and I hope to see improvements in the coming month. I will try and get a few pics or videos of the tank as it is now to post here.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 47 56.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 6.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back