The rules to Led lighting . Asking the experts

Madimod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When converting to Led lighting (using Radions in particular ) what are the best practices or rules of thumb to not bleaching the corals in your tank

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When converting to Led lighting (using Radions in particular ) what are the best practices or rules of thumb to not bleaching the corals in your tank
Most of the popular led options come with acclimation programs you can run when switching over them. Always best to run them as long as you can. If the light doesnt come with an acclimation mode its best to start out with the light powered down very low, and ramp it up weekly in 5% increments.

OP
OP
Madimod

Madimod

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When adding new corals from other led lit tanks do you have to go back to the acclimation settings and if so how do your existing corals react ?

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When adding new corals from other led lit tanks do you have to go back to the acclimation settings and if so how do your existing corals react ?
Correct. You always want to acclimate a coral to your light, even if it's the same light because everyone's settings are different.. The existing corals will be fine.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 71 75.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back