The Scorps

  • Thread starter Thread starter lion king
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 3, 2016
Messages
6,796
Reaction score
8,107
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a fun bunch:
Rhino(rhinopias frondosa)
Hawaiian leaf fish
Barbfish(scorpaena brasiliensis)

20210308_204623.jpg
20210308_203641.jpg
20210308_204717.jpg
 
They eat live food; the rhino mostly mollies and occasionally will snag a ghostie, the leaf and barbfish eating ghosties and guppies.

As far as using meds, I just did an observation and got lucky. I've haven't found these type of scorps even to handle gc or prazi. Ones that were able to withstand full treatment, did die within a few months afterwards.
 
What about for internals parasites?

I have used gc and prazi on various scorps; rhino, leaf fish, yellow spot,, caribbean. And each time they stressed to the point I had to remove the meds before completion. I ran complete treatment of gc with a leaf fish and a yellow spot, they both died shortly afterwards. While maybe between a half a dozen and 10 attempts, it makes me not treat as a prophylactic, I would only used when absolutely necessary.
 
Awsome fish bro. How are your fish doin? I wanted to buy a leaf fish and a freckled angler recently. I did not.
D

Everyone's doing great; the rhino lives with the pride of the 90g 4 lions, a trio of waspfish lives with the leaf fish in a bc29, and the barbfish lives with a fu manchu in a 40B.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 27.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 1 2.5%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 5.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.5%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new