The Shade Cloth Filter Diff Tank is healthy

Henn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Reefers, Please help me post. This is an update on the 7 day cycle filter made of shade cloth.( see Henn ) and the >>Different Tank Build Thread. I do not seem to understand why I can't just add to the >>Different Tank Build. The term >>Different Tank ( without arrows ), stops everything. Like the Thread is dead??? Anyway here are some beautiful photos of the tank 5 months later. The Molly fish outgrew the 10 gallons. Three Damsel fish went in. Always fighting so they went out to the Marine Pond. There is now a stable crew of, one 6 lined wrasse, one Royal gamma, three Peppermint shrimp, some Blue leg hermits and snails.

The two shade cloth Bio Bobbins were hard to clean off and took tank space. There is now around 10 square feet of cloth in an old Phos. Reactor. Two 5 Watt USB Pumps are all that is needed. One pump runs the Bio Reactor and the other just provides water flow.

There is a new and improved 1 Liter Bottle, Protein Scimmer. It runs on one small Air Pump. The water has become very Polished Looking. It was putting out several cups of brownish yellow skim a week in the beginning. It is now stable at about 1 cup a week.

The Frags were not liking being on Crushed Coral. They are now on a piece of rock ( right side ) from the LFS ( 5 lbs. ). Most Hard Coral is on a small rock in the center ( from Marine Pond ). The Green Star is spreading and the Zo Colonies are anchored and growing. The Green Duncan's are popping out. The Green Lip Mussels from the Marine Pond have grown about 1/2 inch in 6 months.

Perhaps someone will try this method. It works with very little labor and low cost. It's a DIY dream.

Diff Tank Update 1.jpg Diff Tank Update left side.jpg Diff Tank Update right side.jpg

OP
OP
H

Henn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You absolutely should be able to just add another post to Different Tank Build Update
Just reply to it and add the same content you posted above.
I just waisted another 60 minutes writing a post. It would not save or post. Anything I do gets to the Post Stage then dies. I go to my threads and write a new post. Add Pictures and then Post Crashes then the new post is gone. Every Time since my Posts were, Merged ??? and killed from that point on. Since receiving a Notice months ago about R2R Merging all my separate Posts. I still get E Mail notices about being Missed. I go on and Nothing works as soon as I say Post. No indication of a problem until the Post Button says a Web problem. I stop trying and the Web is fine but my Post is gone. Here is a picture of the tank now. I don't have another hour to waste. There was no problem until R2R did me the favor of Merging my Posts. All my old posts were fine. Now Nothing Posts to My Threads. If this block is not deliberate it might as well be. Posts Merged equals Forum Post Death. Something has gone wrong that is obvious from the Merge Pont on. To share the Bio Cloth Secret it means joining another Reef Channel that won't Merge Me out of existence. The latest Block claimed the R2R was down until I stopped trying to post. If this Post goes out then it looks like the Thread Block is somehow pretty real.

Attachments

• HDPE knitted shadecloth marine tank at 1 year.jpg
    HDPE knitted shadecloth marine tank at 1 year.jpg
    249.3 KB · Views: 23

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 78 38.2%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.8%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.7%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back