The truth about Phyto!! Don't fall for "The Blends"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TopShelfAquatics

Follow us on Instagram @topshelfaquatics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Have you ever purchased Phyto from a company and wondered what you're really getting? Do you really know what's in these "Phyto blends"? Taras drops some Phyto facts on everyone so that you can make an informed decision when making the Phyto choice for your tank!

Get some Phyto:
HERE

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got some from you guys a few months back, but I really wasn’t sure how much to use. There’s no instructions on how much do use per gallon or anything like that, so how much should I be using in a 30 gallon tank and a 90 gallon tank

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I got some from you guys a few months back, but I really wasn’t sure how much to use. There’s no instructions on how much do use per gallon or anything like that, so how much should I be using in a 30 gallon tank and a 90 gallon tank

We have gotten this feedback. We are working on new labels for our bottles which will include a dosing table. We wanted to make sure we provided the best quality product before making the bottle pretty. Here is a picture of the dosing instructions. Feel free to ask any other questions you may have here or shoot us a PM, we are always glad to help!

DosingDailyTable.png

Outlaw Corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you that is very helpful, the chart says recommended daily dosing table. Are you suggesting that we should feed every day with the phytos ?

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Thank you that is very helpful, the chart says recommended daily dosing table. Are you suggesting that we should feed every day with the phytos ?

As long as your nutrients are in check for you aquarium we would definitely recommend daily feeding to get the most benefit of your phyto. In the wild corals feed constantly so it definitely helps to offer them the phyto on a daily basis.

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here is a bit more in depth on dosing Phyto. The dosing chart is also now on our website in all the Phyto products.

Eldredge

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
It's good to see information about the benefits of live phyto being shared. From what I have seen, phytoplankton competes by "outproducing" other strains. If the phyto is refrigerated to slow down growth, the elimination of the "weaker" species is greatly reduced/slowed. In experiments I have done, the weaker species are still doing fine after several weeks.

While it would be good to have each species stored separately, it is probably more important to have a variety of species - as explained in the video. If several species could be stored and dosed separately, that would be great, but that isn't practical in many cases. It seems like there are often compromises in this hobby. At any rate, I think that dosing any live phyto is much better than not dosing phyto at all.

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Here's some dosing tips for the home aquarium as opposed to a high output coral farming situation.

nycfreshreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TopShelfAquatics …. In the future , You Guys should design a bottle similar to the ones some of the blended phyto companies use that has 2 spouts , but separate into 2 chambers , or even a bottle with 3 spouts / 3 separate chambers all in one. This way you guys can market and sell “blends” but without actually having to blend them so they will arrive fresh and can conveniently be blended at point of feeding. If the bottle works well , I know it would be a huge hit. In the first bottle you can include 1 green and 1 gold/brown , another iteration may have 3 with green , gold/brown , and reds etc

It would also be a great subscription service

OP
OP
TopShelfAquatics

TopShelfAquatics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
@TopShelfAquatics …. In the future , You Guys should design a bottle similar to the ones some of the blended phyto companies use that has 2 spouts , but separate into 2 chambers , or even a bottle with 3 spouts / 3 separate chambers all in one. This way you guys can market and sell “blends” but without actually having to blend them so they will arrive fresh and can conveniently be blended at point of feeding. If the bottle works well , I know it would be a huge hit. In the first bottle you can include 1 green and 1 gold/brown , another iteration may have 3 with green , gold/brown , and reds etc

It would also be a great subscription service

That's a great idea! We are doing a lot of work with packaging right now so it is definitely something we will have to consider!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 47 26.9%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 57 32.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.6%
Back