The Ultimate 300 Gallon Tenecor® Build. It Begins with a Blank Piece of Paper.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While we wait for a prototype on the stand, the build continues.

I would like to enable automatic water changes on this build. Sounds simple enough. The routing of the supply/drain lines is not. The tank will be located on an exterior wall. Running the lines under the floor is out due to being on a slab foundation. Thought about running them through cabinets but there is stove in the way.

Could I run them outside in some sort of conduit for protection from heat/cold, animals, etc? Total run length would be about 20’ to 25’ once there, I could bring them back in to the drain and salt water supply.

Everyone’s thoughts, tips, or tricks are appreciated!
Update on the build and a suggestion for the drain line. This build is scheduled for production late next week or first thing the week after. There are only four big ones in front of it. We can easily add a full tank drain bulkhead for this as well. I have had very good success with pex tubing for this type of application. Sleeving the pex is a good idea too. We can discuss further in more detail.

smitten with ocean life

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two of these three are being built before yours. Sunshine yellow for sure. Then either the grape or the green. Then after we figure out the little details, yours is next. The stands and canopies are 100% waterproof.. Zero wood. The canopies have removable smoke colored polycarbonate light filtering lids. Canopy height is adjustable. There are internal t slot rails for light mounts. Integrated and interpedently switched power strip inside the canopies. Door panels are hinge less.

96x24x30 Cabinet Stand w Canopy - hanging doors - Gumball.jpg
96x24x30 Cabinet Stand w Canopy - hanging doors - Nori.jpg
96x24x30 Cabinet Stand w Canopy - hanging doors - Sunny Side Up.jpg
gotta know... what kind of $$ for something like this?? amazing!

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
15-17K when all finished. That includes shipping which is not a small number. The canopy design is very nice. The furniture costs more than the tank.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0179.jpeg
IMG_0177.jpeg
IMG_0176.jpeg
IMG_0175.jpeg
IMG_0178.jpeg
All of our canopies are designed and available. We just have not created images for all of them. There are four versions (if you include bare light mounts) The 1) cabinet style which this build will have, 2) bikini style 3) floating 4) universal light mount. All four will have additional options.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_0186.jpeg
IMG_0185.jpeg
IMG_0183.jpeg
IMG_0182.jpeg
All of our canopies are designed and available. We just have not created images for all of them. There are four versions (if you include bare light mounts) The 1) cabinet style which this build will have, 2) bikini style 3) floating 4) universal light mount. All four will have additional options.
Here are pics of the bikini style. Low profile to cover the water line. This one is for a FW peninsula AIO so the lights are low enough to be hidden by the canopy. Optional black polycarbonate light blocking lids sit below the trim.

OP
OP
Tenecor Aquariums

Tenecor Aquariums

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need a purple one!
That one looked great. I wish I could have posted it. The client decided against the floating canopy and went with a cabinet style. He (rather well known) did not want it publicized. Now that you brought it up, the challenge with those is the hinges. The removable access panels are not everyone's favorite. The panels are only 1/4 inch thick so attaching full hinges to them is still something we are looking into.

Ol’Murph

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update on the build and a suggestion for the drain line. This build is scheduled for production late next week or first thing the week after. There are only four big ones in front of it. We can easily add a full tank drain bulkhead for this as well. I have had very good success with pex tubing for this type of application. Sleeving the pex is a good idea too. We can discuss further in more detail.
That’s pretty exciting news on the schedule. Thank you for the update!

I’m curious about the drain bulkhead/pex scenario. Interesting idea. Definitely want to get your thoughts on that.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 43 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 156 73.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 4.7%
Back