OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you happen to mention what your company name is? Do you have a website or facebook page?
I haven't launched the web site yet it's still in the works, I'm going to try and launch it in a few months once I get all the vitals rolling again!
I will keep everyone posted!

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful design and build so far! Do you have an infloor drain or do you have a line leading to a drain for your water changes?

Did you build the stand to compensate for the angle of the garage floor? Do you have a vent for removing humid air to prevent mold issues?

Sorry for all the questions, this is something I would love to do one day in the future as well and I would love to learn from your experience!

No problem!
I do not have a floor drain as we could not have one put into the house because of regulations with oil and chemical typically in a garage but I do have a line tapped into the main drain on the house!
Yes the stand is actually built on on side about 3/8" to compensate for the slope of the garage!
As far as moisture I have a de humidifier that pulls around 6 gallons out a day that drains right into the drain. The walls trim doors and ceiling were painted with 6 coats of acrylic super gloss paint, it's the same paint used in hospitals. It's basically water proof and can be cleaned with a brush or soaked rag.
I've had small grow out setups before so I learned a lot from each one and kinda thru everything I knew into this one!
As great as this build is it's what I like to call phase one......
muhhahahahahha
^Please say that like DrEvil

If you have any other questions please don't hesitate, one of my favorite things to tell people is the only dumb question is the one you never ask!

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry about the longer gaps between post! This build is going slow but still strong!
I put in a bench for fragging and mixing chemicals today and tinkered with a few odd and ends!
The system is running great and cycling great! I used fritz zyme to kick off the cycle and 6 liters of seachem matrix seeded from another growout system.
I'm a huge huge fan matrix, I've had great experience from it and it has helped many live rock-less systems keep a strong bio filter!

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good to hear!

Preme

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet set up! Wish I could I have a room dedicated like you..... I'm stuck with a closet big enough for a QT and a small frag tank LOL :(

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cut some frag racks and got the frag sink roughed in, the system cycled quick and have been running great! I've got a handful of tangs in qt that should be ready to add in two weeks.

I had to downgrade my return pump from a reeflo hammerhead hybrid to a reeflo dart hybrid, the hammer head was a crazy about of water flow I 100% underestimated the power of them!

IMG_1557.JPG

IMG_1553.JPG

OP
OP
AcroFarmerRWB

AcroFarmerRWB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I've been really busy working but the systems running great starting to add corals from my other grow out tanks.

Special_K

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome build! Quick question, how are your floor tiles working out for you? Are they rubber or flexible PVC? They are raised or directly on the concrete slab? I'm in the same situation trying to decide what to do for the sump room floor. Thank you!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 16 17.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 47 51.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 8.8%
Back