The Ultimate Coral Room

Finished up the water mixing station today, I have an auto water change system I'll be running off it.

IMG_1922.JPG

Where do you find these types of water storage containers? Are they food safe? I can get similar ones from farm supply stores, but they're for chemical storage. Is there a specific material I should be looking for?
 
Nice! I just moved a few months ago and got a dedicated fish room in the new house. I could not be happier and I can't wait to expand my systems. Definitely following your progress! Good luck.
 
Where do you find these types of water storage containers? Are they food safe? I can get similar ones from farm supply stores, but they're for chemical storage. Is there a specific material I should be looking for?
I ordered them from tank depot, they had the best price I could find even vs local.
 
I ordered them from tank depot, they had the best price I could find even vs local.

Tough to get them to Canada for a reasonable price with the freight. Currently using 2 brine tanks for a water softener, which are the perfect size but I'd like to ha e ones that are translucent so I can see water level.
 
Not much progress today, helped my parents most of the day.
My floor tiles got delayed so won't be in for a few days but it's giving me some time to add a few things to the electrical.
Happy reefing!
 
Late night tonight, lots of progress the last few nights. Finished up the walls and ceiling paint, then decided to paint the cinder blocks.
Started on the floors around 10 then lost track of time....

IMG_2088.JPG
 
Tough to get them to Canada for a reasonable price with the freight. Currently using 2 brine tanks for a water softener, which are the perfect size but I'd like to ha e ones that are translucent so I can see water level.

You can get the Poly water storage tanks at TSC, they work great!
 
Make sure you get some ventilation fans installed otherwise its going to get really hot and humid in there
 
You can get the Poly water storage tanks at TSC, they work great!

Thanks Wayne! I actually just looked at one there yesterday. No issues with Polyethylene for aquarium use? I read up on low density vs high density (when changed I assume the TSC ones are), and it sounds ok in terms of leaching.
 
I took off today and tomorrow so lots progress today, did some trim work and built the stands for the tanks!
Tomorrow I'm planning on painting the stands and plumbing!

The tubs are
16 feet long 4 foot front to back and 16" deep each and I have two, I have a third 6 foot ones I'm
Not setting up at the time but plan on it at some point!
IMG_2097.JPG


IMG_2098.JPG
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 25.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 5 41.7%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new