The ultimate diving and snorkeling thread!

What's your favorite Caribbean dive destination

• Aruba

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Bonaire

Votes: 11 11.7%
  • Curacao

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • Caymans

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Bahamas

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Roatan

Votes: 7 7.4%
  • Belize

Votes: 14 14.9%
  • Cozumel

Votes: 16 17.0%
  • Other..list in thread

Votes: 20 21.3%

• Total voters

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
<-----------<<<< My avatar hermit crab was about 1/2" long. I took that picture in the Long Island Sound probably at night from a couple of inches away.

It doesn't matter if it was night or day because the visability here in New York in the western Sound varies from zero to about 18 inches. Normally if you want to see your depth gauge, you have to put it inside your mask. :rolleyes:

Maine lobsters like it and I am basically a lobster diver so "most" but not all of my diving was here and all of the diving is with "feel".

Thats also why I always carried a big dive knife. When a shark would bump me, I slit my throat to spite him. ;Nailbiting

The next 6 pictures are underwater scenes here. ------------------------------------------------------------------------

They may be hard to see except under a UV light. :oops:

Of course my favorite dive sites are all in French Polynesia like Tahiti

OP
OP
saltyhog

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We're in St. Croix dodging hurricane Elsa but having a great time. Probably won't be diving tomorrow. Hope we don't lose power.

Did a shore dive at the Frederiksted pier this afternoon (on the leeward side from the hurricane). The amount of life and the vivid color of the sponges on the pier were incredible.

Sully32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey, everyone! I thought I'd drop by this thread and see if I could gain some valuable advice from the community. My wife and I have been trying to plan a trip to Mexico this fall, but we are having a difficult time finding clear cut answers.

We are not dive certified, but we really want to spend a good amount of time snorkeling. Our travel agent has been trying to help, but they don't have much snorkeling experience. We have been back and forth between Cozumel and the Akumal area. Do either of these areas have decent snorkeling right from the beach at any of the all inclusive resorts? Or are there other areas that would be more worth staying at?

I figured this is probably one of the best spots to ask, and I wish I would have thought about it earlier.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 68 52.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 67 51.5%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 33 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 29 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.9%
Back