The UNICORN skimmer

  • Thread starter Thread starter rcamps23
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Well its been a few days in the system and it is holding a consistent foam head and is silent. I will need to monitor for the next month but what a work of art these are. The overall design for maintenance is incredible.
 
How is the mini BK performing, so far?
 
I have been searching high and low for the quietest skimmer on the market. I currently run a 60g cube with a 25g cube sump. I run the Vectra s1 return and 2 nero 3's. All pumps are near dead silence at the setting I use. Next I need to upgrade skimmer, I want performance but unfortunately noise takes top priority with this setup. I thought I was ready to pull the trigger on the Nyos quantum, 120 but reviews go back and forth with noise. I keep hearing they are loud during break in and after cleanings ??? Then I went down another rabbit hole of the reef octo regal series that I see most comments say silent... I have neither local to compare or evaluate. Im left with opinions and youtube videos. If anyone has real world experience with these or any other models that are as close to silent (silent with doors on cabinet closed and around 8-10ft away) I'm all ears.

My Red Sea RSK 600 is super quiet. After it broke in, I dont even hear it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new