OP
OP
R

rcamps23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well its been a few days in the system and it is holding a consistent foam head and is silent. I will need to monitor for the next month but what a work of art these are. The overall design for maintenance is incredible.

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been searching high and low for the quietest skimmer on the market. I currently run a 60g cube with a 25g cube sump. I run the Vectra s1 return and 2 nero 3's. All pumps are near dead silence at the setting I use. Next I need to upgrade skimmer, I want performance but unfortunately noise takes top priority with this setup. I thought I was ready to pull the trigger on the Nyos quantum, 120 but reviews go back and forth with noise. I keep hearing they are loud during break in and after cleanings ??? Then I went down another rabbit hole of the reef octo regal series that I see most comments say silent... I have neither local to compare or evaluate. Im left with opinions and youtube videos. If anyone has real world experience with these or any other models that are as close to silent (silent with doors on cabinet closed and around 8-10ft away) I'm all ears.

My Red Sea RSK 600 is super quiet. After it broke in, I dont even hear it.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 148 88.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back