The Varkony crew!

Bekahvarkony

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! My name is Rebekah and my husband and I are on a new adventure in starting a saltwater tank or our baby. She is obsessed with an email and I have always wanted a tank myself. We purchased a top fin all in one 55 gallon aquarium starter kit. What do you recommend we get as upgrades or to get this thing started? We are new to this hobby and we are trying to research and get as much information as we can before we open the box.

image.jpg

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tom Hanks Hello GIF

Welcome! This is a great place to start:

Weasel1960

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard the R2R community. First off what are your goals for the tank? Fish only, corals, what kinds.? That will help with some of your thoughts for upgrades. Likely what you have will at least get you started through the cycle. Check out the Bulk Reef Supply videos on You tube for suggestions, startup and Aquascaping...Good luck and keep us posted through a build thread.

Mikedawg

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone! My name is Rebekah and my husband and I are on a new adventure in starting a saltwater tank or our baby. She is obsessed with an email and I have always wanted a tank myself. We purchased a top fin all in one 55 gallon aquarium starter kit. What do you recommend we get as upgrades or to get this thing started? We are new to this hobby and we are trying to research and get as much information as we can before we open the box.

image.jpg
I would first check to make sure this is a marine tank - "bright white led light" may not be suitable for corals, but works for freshwater plants.
Good luck with the hobby.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.2%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.4%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 31 18.8%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back