The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

REEF EXCLUSIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
And now I see you also have pencil and torpedo wrasse…
So tempting
Torpedo Wrasse ended recently, but maybe they will send more soon.
If you want to place an order and discuss it, then write in private messages. We shouldn't be doing this here.

Angelbethany

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Newbie here… caught a photo of our Shutmani wrasses today…. Hope this is cool enough for entry into the wrasse lovers thread ❤️.

IMG_3964.jpeg

ReefDreamz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering what you wrasse experts think. I added a pretty large and beautiful yellow coris wrasse to my tank 4 weeks ago. After adding it I never saw it again ever until today, 4 weeks later, at about 5am well before lights on. I was only up because my dog barfed. Do you think the wrasse will ever start to come out when the lights are on?

REEF EXCLUSIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Wondering what you wrasse experts think. I added a pretty large and beautiful yellow coris wrasse to my tank 4 weeks ago. After adding it I never saw it again ever until today, 4 weeks later, at about 5am well before lights on. I was only up because my dog barfed. Do you think the wrasse will ever start to come out when the lights are on?
Good thing your Koris slept for 4 weeks. This is necessary to cleanse the body of toxins. Otherwise, he would have started eating and would have died in 3-4 days. Usually, if the fish was caught with cyanide, or if it was kept in a very concentrated copper solution for a long time (on a fish farm), or if it was poisoned with ammonia during transportation, etc. The fish needs time to clear out the toxins. Those Wrasses who dug in and did not eat anything will survive, those who started to eat will immediately die with a probability of 80% approximately.
Soon he will begin to forage during the daytime and stop hiding during the day.
To speed up adaptation, feed him before turning on the light for a couple of days. Wake up early in the morning.

ReefDreamz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good thing your Koris slept for 4 weeks. This is necessary to cleanse the body of toxins. Otherwise, he would have started eating and would have died in 3-4 days. Usually, if the fish was caught with cyanide, or if it was kept in a very concentrated copper solution for a long time (on a fish farm), or if it was poisoned with ammonia during transportation, etc. The fish needs time to clear out the toxins. Those Wrasses who dug in and did not eat anything will survive, those who started to eat will immediately die with a probability of 80% approximately.
Soon he will begin to forage during the daytime and stop hiding during the day.
To speed up adaptation, feed him before turning on the light for a couple of days. Wake up early in the morning.
Wow I had no idea! Thanks for the tip I'll try it!

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hikari mysis has always been a staple in the food rotation. I’ve always used the package that has the flasher wrasse, sea horse, and cardinal on the front because that size of shrimp was perfect for all of my fish.

Anyways, they released some new large sleeves (~16 oz), but after I’ve noticed that a lot of the shrimp seem larger now than they used to be. And now all my little guys are having difficulties. The pink streaks, possum, and pintail are struggling to choke them down haha.

Do any of you have a brand of mysis use that you’d recommend and might be good for the smaller guys?

REEF EXCLUSIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 87.5%
7   1   0
Hikari mysis has always been a staple in the food rotation. I’ve always used the package that has the flasher wrasse, sea horse, and cardinal on the front because that size of shrimp was perfect for all of my fish.

Anyways, they released some new large sleeves (~16 oz), but after I’ve noticed that a lot of the shrimp seem larger now than they used to be. And now all my little guys are having difficulties. The pink streaks, possum, and pintail are struggling to choke them down haha.

Do any of you have a brand of mysis use that you’d recommend and might be good for the smaller guys?
These are soft and very nutritious!
The size is not big.

IMAGE 2023-08-25 15:08:26.jpg IMAGE 2023-08-25 15:12:53.jpg

JoJosReef

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all! Newbie here… caught a photo of our Shutmani wrasses today…. Hope this is cool enough for entry into the wrasse lovers thread ❤️.

IMG_3964.jpeg
It shall be considered.
Thinking About It Pop Tv GIF by Schitt's Creek

Ok, you can come.

Dues are due weekly. We take Samsung, Pixel, Apple, Canon... just send pics of your wrasses.

jkcoral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Already paid photo tax this week, but just took a few a minute ago.

Everyone comes over and stares at me (except for the exquisite and pintail, they get belligerent) waiting for food. Possum giving me the ultimate side eye:
IMG_4411.jpeg

Meanwhile, Mr. and Mrs. Pink Streak wait patiently in their condo behind the rocks because they know I love them and will deliver to their front door:
IMG_4420.jpeg

IMG_4422.jpeg

AZReef13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I use PE Mysis and all enjoy even my tiny Pick streaks and Yasha goby eat them no problem at all.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 80 47.9%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 52 31.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.4%
Back