The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Now some nice ones:
DSC_5977_zps6nokgytc.jpg

DSC_5904_zpscblluuvm.jpg

DSC_5925_zpsj4zvr0vv.jpg

DSC_5878_zpstw3ywyo9.jpg
 
Best Reef Safe Wrasse for a 90 gallon display that is "very stocked"?
Only other wrasse is a McCoskers Flasher Wrasse!
A lot of options probably. FWIW, I really like my C. iscoceles. A cheaper favorite of mine was H. melanurus (they will need sand to sleep in).
 
Hello Wrasse lovers!
I would like to add a wrasse to my tank but I love my feather dusters and small tube worms that grow on the live rock. Is there a wrasse that would pick at the worms?
 
Hello Wrasse lovers!
I would like to add a wrasse to my tank but I love my feather dusters and small tube worms that grow on the live rock. Is there a wrasse that would pick at the worms?
The reefsafe wrasses of Cirrhilabrus, Paracheilinus, Macropharyngodon, Wetmorella, Pseudocheilinops, Pseudojuloides, and small Halichoeres will leave them alone. The larger genera of labrids are a risk.
 
The reefsafe wrasses of Cirrhilabrus, Paracheilinus, Macropharyngodon, Wetmorella, Pseudocheilinops, Pseudojuloides, and small Halichoeres will leave them alone. The larger genera of labrids are a risk.
Yup.
There's a small risk with the mid-size Halichoeres (~6"), but for the most part it is not a concern with the reef safe genera.
 
The reefsafe wrasses of Cirrhilabrus, Paracheilinus, Macropharyngodon, Wetmorella, Pseudocheilinops, Pseudojuloides, and small Halichoeres will leave them alone. The larger genera of labrids are a risk.
Thank you!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 40.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new