The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

bluedevils6653

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone here scooping up those attenuate flashers on DD the past couple days? Been trying to grab one but im not quite quick enough apparently lol

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
anyone here scooping up those attenuate flashers on DD the past couple days? Been trying to grab one but im not quite quick enough apparently lol
I saw one listed in the email earlier but was in a meeting and couldn't try for it. Have there been others in the past week? I haven't been watching my emails closely.

bluedevils6653

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I saw one listed in the email earlier but was in a meeting and couldn't try for it. Have there been others in the past week? I haven't been watching my emails closely.
Yeah there was one yesterday and today. Was waiting at 6 for it to update yesterday and wasnt quite fast enough didnt even make it from my cart to the checkout page. Today I jumped on it and made it to the checkout page and thought I had him but couldnt remember my cvv number on my credit card by the time I reached into my wallet and typed it in it was gone.

ngoodermuth

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful collection! I think your C. jordani is well on it's way to being a male!

I just bought a female jordani for my first female. I just don't see many Cirrhilabrus and no Paracheilinus (except for an occasional P. octotaenia). I'm sure on the look out though. I like the way you're doing it!

The jordani would probably already be male if it weren’t for the rhomboid. The rhomboid was the first to transition, and likes to show his dominance.

I’ve had jordani before, and they’ve always transitioned pretty quickly (Ask me if you can keep a trio. You can’t. ) The one I had right before this one never made it out of QT, but was a terminal male before it died from a bacterial infection. Female in the bag lol

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The jordani would probably already be male if it weren’t for the rhomboid. The rhomboid was the first to transition, and likes to show his dominance.

I’ve had jordani before, and they’ve always transitioned pretty quickly (Ask me if you can keep a trio. You can’t. ) The one I had right before this one never made it out of QT, but was a terminal male before it died from a bacterial infection. Female in the bag lol

I know what you mean. I have a "female" in QT (day 13 today) and it's already developing yellow on it's face. It may not finish QT as a female.

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hopefully they have some more. not tryna drop 800 for one from nya haha
They seem to be coming in batches. About a month or so ago there were three or four offered in a week. Hopefully the trend will continue and all those that have been trying for one will have a chance.

bluedevils6653

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They seem to be coming in batches. About a month or so ago there were three or four offered in a week. Hopefully the trend will continue and all those that have been trying for one will have a chance.
I struck out last month tryin to get one as well I know exactly when you were talking about lol. Hopefully the trend continues though!

deedubz

nuttier than a squirrel turd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll probably be booed off the stage for saying this

I was going back and forth between a pink margin and a lineatus once the 180 gets here and I've added more docile wrasses. I've seen a handful of "super male" pink margins that, in my opinion, put any lineatus to shame. In all fairness, purple is my favorite color.. A couple of those have a pink stripe down their backs while others did not. Is this a regional variant? If so, would it be Vanuatu? The ones specifically labeled as Fiji didn't have the marking.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll probably be booed off the stage for saying this

I was going back and forth between a pink margin and a lineatus once the 180 gets here and I've added more docile wrasses. I've seen a handful of "super male" pink margins that, in my opinion, put any lineatus to shame. In all fairness, purple is my favorite color.. A couple of those have a pink stripe down their backs while others did not. Is this a regional variant? If so, would it be Vanuatu? The ones specifically labeled as Fiji didn't have the marking.
The Fiji and Vanuatu rubrimarginatus should both have the pink/ purple streak on their back where the dorsal meets the body along the back half of the fish.

HairyGary

Why do all your fish look like trout?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Life happened, and now I'm 30 pages behind on this thread!

But not sorry for nabbing Tuesdays attenuatus on LADD. :p
Welcome back and congrats on the attenuated snag. You need to update your build thread so we can see what you are hoarding.

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You need to update your build thread so we can see what you are hoarding.
Yeah... there's not much to look at there besides the fish. It's pretty coral-less.
It decided to have a "moment" while life happened.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 19.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back