The Wrasse Lover's Thread!

Mike S

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sad day for me lost the diamond tail.
That stinks especially as difficult as they can be to get. Mine found its way through a small openning in my top and I've been trying to replace it for 3 or 4 years. Local shops here in NJ don't ever seem to have them available and I guess my ISP isn't fast enough to win the online shootouts when DD has them. :)

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stinks especially as difficult as they can be to get. Mine found its way through a small openning in my top and I've been trying to replace it for 3 or 4 years. Local shops here in NJ don't ever seem to have them available and I guess my ISP isn't fast enough to win the online shootouts when DD has them. :)

If they make my list this week will be getting two this time.

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If they make my list this week will be getting two this time.
Sucks to lose any fish, but especially one with limited availability.

If a couple of your best friends wanted to get an Attenuatus too would your supplier cut you a better deal? And ship to Texas? :)

Baldguy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I never shipped before.
That's ok. You're fortunate to have a source you can order fish like that from. Prices have gone up so much in the last few years and it seems DD is the only source. Other than yours. Post some pics when you get the pair please.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My leopard wrasse was small when I got him and only lived 3 days :( he was eating fine and then just went away. I found him on the sand and pulled from tank. No pests on the outside. He was rubbing a few times but they say it can be them looking for food. I have a few other fish in the tank so I hope all will go well. The only thing I can think of my sand bed is only 1-2” deep. :( any advice or insight would be nice.

Thanks

40716F85-D168-473A-97E5-ACE266CA48EB.jpeg

Greenstreet.1

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With leopards I find that most of the time they come with international parasites I have been having a hard time with bluestars these days will be making my last attempt with them on my next order my plan is to add GC before I add them to the qt.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With leopards I find that most of the time they come with international parasites I have been having a hard time with bluestars these days will be making my last attempt with them on my next order my plan is to add GC before I add them to the qt.

Ok, can the internal parisites go to my other fish? I got the dead fish out before it started to decay if that helps

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My leopard wrasse was small when I got him and only lived 3 days :( he was eating fine and then just went away. I found him on the sand and pulled from tank. No pests on the outside. He was rubbing a few times but they say it can be them looking for food. I have a few other fish in the tank so I hope all will go well. The only thing I can think of my sand bed is only 1-2” deep. :( any advice or insight would be nice.

Thanks

40716F85-D168-473A-97E5-ACE266CA48EB.jpeg
Scrathing is not them looking for food.

Agreed that internal parasites are common in leopard wrasses.

Leopards can be delicate for the first couple of weeks. Once paat that they can be quite hardy.
Ok, can the internal parisites go to my other fish? I got the dead fish out before it started to decay if that helps
External parasites can be in the tank almost immediately. Internal parasites can be in the tank if the infested fish poops in the tank. It is very likely that if the leopard had parasites they are now in the tank.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Scrathing is not them looking for food.

Agreed that internal parasites are common in leopard wrasses.

Leopards can be delicate for the first couple of weeks. Once paat that they can be quite hardy.

External parasites can be in the tank almost immediately. Internal parasites can be in the tank if the infested fish poops in the tank. It is very likely that if the leopard had parasites they are now in the tank.

Thank you , is there anything I should treat my fish with ? I’m going to start adding garlic to the food

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you , is there anything I should treat my fish with ? I’m going to start adding garlic to the food
Prazipro can be dosed to the display and will handle flukes and most internal parasites.

eatbreakfast

Fish Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can just observe for the time being. But be on the lookout for scratching and/or white stringy poo.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can just observe for the time being. But be on the lookout for scratching and/or white stringy poo.

I thought I saw my clown the other day have a long white poo... It might be in my head now. Thanks for the help. Im not good with fish issues, still need education .

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back